Thank you!

I want to thank everyone here. I asked for some advice in the purchase section for my first set of headphones. I am just starting to get into the hobby, and the advice was really helpful. I’ve always been into home theater audio, but this is my first foray into headphone audio. In a little under a month I’ve gotten a Schiit Modi/Magni combo, a Fiio K5 Pro, a pair of Hifiman Sundara’s, the Drop 5xx, the original Sennhieser Momentums, a set of KZ ATR iems, and a set of Fiio F1H1s, and I’m using an older Dragonfly.

It’s great getting to play with the combinations and try out some of the DSD stuff I have. I’ve discovered things in songs that I’ve heard for years. Little subtleties I didn’t know existed. I can’t wait to find out what’s next.

I know some of you pay multiple thousands of dollars for your equipment, so I hope I don’t get hooked and make my wife too angry :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the advice.

31 Likes

Your wallet can. :joy:

Glad you’re having fun and enjoying it! Good stuff.

8 Likes

Sounds like you’re about where I was a year ago. I can hear your wallet whimpering from here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This forum has been incredibly helpful to me too. Great group of folks - enjoy the journey!

8 Likes

What a thoughtful and generous message. Thank you for becoming part of this forum. I wholeheartedly agree with you. Our fellow community members are indeed helpful and always ready to bridge the dreadful valley of ignorance when it comes to head gear. My wallet hasn’t thanked me for getting into this hobby, but my ears have, and reading through the threads in here assures me, that there’s a wealth of opportunities waiting to be discovered.

I would like to chime in and reach out with thanks to everyone in here. This is definitely one of the most friendly and kind forums I have ever experienced. So grateful!

Stay safe!

9 Likes

I would like to remind you and @ProfFalkin that it is possible to enjoy this hobby without making a blood sacrifice of your wallet.

But it’s not easy.

14 Likes

Heretic! Burn him!

(And steal his wallet!)

7 Likes

As I sit here listening on a HD600 and Loxjie P20 (total cost <$500) and sincerely wondering why I ever needed to spend a dime more. As I know this is the true point of diminishing returns. And as I try to not look at 10x the gear nearby.

8 Likes

The economy thanks you for your weakness.

1 Like

Hadn’t tried a blood sacrifice yet. Is there a method that results in better sound? I just gave it to @ZMFheadphones.

2 Likes

100% agree. I am a failure in this regard. FWIW, I’ll be the first to tell people how positively ludicrous it is, for example, that I spend untold hours of my time reading about 60+ year old glass tubes, countless more hours figuring out where to find them, and after all of that, shell out potentially hundreds for just a pair of this decades-old technology. And since that was so fun, rinse and repeat the next month. DON’T DO IT! LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES!!! :wink:

6 Likes

WITCH!

9 Likes

The real magic is with the 75+ year old tubes :wink:.

4 Likes

I know he won’t be named so I’ll respect it but I want to send a big heartfelt thank you to a brother in the community how saw me looking for a Schiit Tube headphone amp and:

1. Took his time and knowledge to explain me what was a better choice for me in comparison to what I was looking for.
  2. Offering his piece of equipment which is brand new for a bargain.
    For a half French half Italian as I am these are things that really move my heart.
    When I write that this community is an enlarged family this is what I mean.
    Respect and I hope I’ll have the opportunity to return the favour very soon.
10 Likes

This is a great story. It highlights just what a real community this forum is. There are some fantastic members who give both their time and Knowledge in order to help the community. I feel truly grateful to be a participant in this great forum.

5 Likes

I want to send a huge and grateful thank you to the headphones.com stuff and to Andy from Dan Clark Audio.
I had a issue with my Aeon Noire and headphones.com crew put me in contact with Andy.
We had a long telephone chat, Andy got what the issue was and managed to solve it in the best way possible without charging me a cent.
All fixed and fully working in a pair of weeks.
This is what I call customer service.
Thank you so much, highly appreciated.

8 Likes