New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Greetings from Hungary. I never really left headphones, but it got side-stepped in the last few years (still playing sweet music from time to time)
Now I am back at it again and happy to share thoughts. Cheers.

10 Likes

@Resolve I want to echo that sentiment. I have used your show as my guiding light especially with Metal and Tye gone. I now have a Focal question if you don’t mind. Just bought the Susvara today. Is there much of a reason to go back and buy the Focal once I have this one in hand. Already have the Hedd, LCD-4, 800S. Sorry if this violates protocol and as I am very new here. Thanks for any help

5 Likes

Welcome to this weeks new members, Enjoy !

1 Like

Hey, it all depends on what you’re looking for really. I find Susvara to be more technically capable - so more detailed, and on the whole it’s also got good tonal balance. Utopia may be a bit redundant at that point yeah, but it does have great dynamics. I just see you’ve also got other headphones that have great dynamics too. I think maybe if you want a great all rounder? But still the Susvara is that as well. I’d almost recommend trying out the Stellia instead, just because it’s a closed-back and different enough from the rest.

3 Likes

Thanks so much. Really appreciate your thoughts

3 Likes

Welcome John! You might find the threads below interesting:

7 Likes

Hello and welcome @Xavilaw, @Opamp9952, @Audiophile_Jargon and @padam.

4 Likes

Greetings people of the headphone community. I want to state that I have an obsession with headphones, and I have a problem. I promise to respect others opinions and tastes. I have been doing this long enough to know each individual headphone has it’s own merits and flaws.

Hopefully we are all here to explore and find our own version of music bliss. Cheers to exceptional timbre, wide and deep soundstage, crystal clarity, thumpin bass, spine tingling highs, and vocals to die for.

11 Likes

Welcome! Accepting that one has a problem is key. Just the right amount of jargon for an initial post :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Niclas183.

5 Likes

Welcome to all this weeks new members.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Esp.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @QuasiSpecies and @poppedcorn.

6 Likes

welcome to the community @Xavilaw, @Opamp9952, @Audiophile_Jargon , @padam , @Niclas183 , @Esp , @QuasiSpecies and @poppedcorn

8 Likes

Thanks for the welcome. I’m excited to have found this forum! At first glance, it appears to be uncommonly civil.

11 Likes

Welcome @QuasiSpecies.
Yes this forum is uncommonly civil.

That’s because troublemakers are shot.

11 Likes

All opinions welcome, all opinions taken as freedom of choice and personal enjoyment. Objectivists and subjectivists alike. Those with factual knowledge and experience are generally taken as more credible than those without.

Incivility is indeed the only thing that is firmly unwelcome, and will either be ignored or moderated away. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I’ll make sure to mind my P’s and Q’s (or is it S’s and Z’s here?).

4 Likes

Hello! Thanks for the warm welcome!

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @tiwillti, @DJ_XtAzY and @JustAE.

6 Likes