New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Welcome to all the new arrivals since my last post!

I would love to welcome you all individually by tagging each and everyone of you but I’m afraid I’m terrible at remembering names.

I really hope you all enjoy this great forum and look forwards to reading you.

SenyorC or was it D? Maybe E…

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Astra_One and @ETEXAG.

5 Likes

Look forward to learning more about everyone’s experience and setups. Thanks for the add

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @Patrick_Woessner and @Skyediver.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome to all this weeks new members.

3 Likes

@Ray - welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Hey there. Welcome! @Kenneth

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Kenneth, @Ray, @zonto and @K_Hon.

2 Likes

Thanks @prfallon69! I’ve been a participant on the Head-Fi and SBAF forums for many years, and thought I’d join here as well. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome. This post suggests introducing myself so…

Along with Djing, I used to work at Circuit City in the mid 90s and first fell in love with high-end home audio when a co-worker, Frank Mack, who was a Jazz freak, had me listen to George Duke’s “Look What We Started Now” (which was brand new at the time) on several high-end speakers in our sound room. From that day, my ears were opened and I became an audiophile.

Twenty-Five years later, I’m a high school English teacher with three kids and wife who keeps telling me, “Turn it down, you’re going to wake up the baby!” This led to a search of audiophile headphones and youtube with Joshua Valour, DMS, Z Reviews, and of course, The Headphones Show. My first audiophile headphones were the purchase of the DT 1990s along with the Monolith THX Portable DAC/AMP. I realized that even though I love the detail of the DT 1990s, I couldn’t handle the pain of sibilance.

I returned the DT 1990s and bought the Hifiman Arya and the LCD-X for a side-by-side comparison. I loved the slam of the LCD-X and felt like the Arya was mainly suited for instrumental music. So I returned the Aryas and kept the LCD-Xs as they seem more versatile for a wide variety of music.

At this point, I would love to find a comfortable, lightweight pair of headphones with great dynamics/slam, strong bass, good minds, detailed highs that are not fatiguing, and a huge soundstage with pinpoint imaging. I think I just described the LCD-Xs but way lighter and with a better sense of soundstage and imaging.

12 Likes

Hello and welcome @quantum22, @Sschaffer24 and @delefrate.

4 Likes

hey Ray,

maybe have a look at the Sennheiser 800(not the S) and at it´s modifications, like the SDR mod for example: Sennheiser HD 800 S - Open Back Dynamic Headphone - Official Thread

Another one might be the ZMF Auteur.

3 Likes

welcome to the community
@Astra_One , @ETEXAG , @Kenneth, @zonto , @K_Hon , @quantum22, @Sschaffer24 , @delefrate , @Patrick_Woessner and @Skyediver

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I’m a brazilian, living in Brazil: this means serious investigation before buying something: it’s hard to find good gear locally, and USD/BRL FX rate are at 5+ right now, so anything comes expensive to us! :slight_smile:
Love the hobby!
Cheers!

9 Likes

Welcome Ray. You might find these topics in particular interesting.

5 Likes

Welcome delefrate! Your post reminded me of this video featuring an audiophile from Brazil.

Hi mate, thanks for the video - unfortunately I wasn’t able to watch it yet - I just took quick look. My budget is way under his, unfortunately :joy: - and I’m more of a headphone person.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @MIR05LAV, @tmac6 and @BorisGil.

4 Likes

Welcome to this weeks new member’s , enjoy !

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Wickyfrog, @GaryS and @laughing_psychonaut. Damn, I keep editing as I go along then I forget to post it. Next day there it is still waiting to be sent. Lol. Oh well.

6 Likes