New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Welcome to all this weeks new members.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @hifiDJ

3 Likes

Thank you thank you! Been following for a while but decided to make an account just now

5 Likes

I see.

Good point by the way- on the meta material for the Focal. You are aware of the special Focal treatment on the closed back Focals, I guess.

4 Likes

Yes, the pyramid-shaped pattern in them is pretty cool. How effective it is over this new meta tech I guess we’ll have to wait and see!

3 Likes

As KEF and Focal fan, I’d wish they make a baby LoL

5 Likes

Or if KEF starts getting serious with headphones!

5 Likes

Oh man… I need this now lol

3 Likes

welcome to the community @Lalawil

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @hifiDJ and @speleofool.

5 Likes

Thank you, glad to be here!

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Lalawil.

3 Likes

Thanks, glad to meet you all

4 Likes

Howdy, and thanks for the welcome.

I’ve been active at a few other community sites (mainly HiFi Guides), but only wandered into these forums the other day to inquire about the cable on the new Focal Radiance.

I have an extensive collection of headphones (~40) and IEMs (8); many of my best have been purchased right here are headphones-dot-com. I’ve been a lifelong lover of music and have a background in ASIC verification. I’ve accumulated my large collection of audio gear in part to satisfy my own curiosities about what different gear does and what’s good at various price points so that I can share my discoveries and impressions with friends, family, and fellow audio enthusiasts. It’s nice to go back and reference headphones and listening chains that I haven’t experienced in a while in order to refresh my familiarity with them and confirm my impressions / challenge my biases. It’s also refreshing to have variety–it keeps listening fun.

My exploratory tendencies have been seriously hampered recently after acquiring an amazing stabilized set of ZMF Verite Closed, Hifiman Susvaras, and the ZMF Pendant amp. These headphones and the Pendant are ruinously good combinations. I’ve been finding it difficult to break away and listen to other chains.

Nevertheless, my music du jour is some Bob Moses streamed via Qobuz -> ADI-2 -> Violectric V280 -> Elegias (SE). I’ve just signed up for a Qobuz Family trial after having had Tidal for a couple years. I typically use Roon at home, but am playing with the native Qobuz app today to get familiar with what it has to offer.

18 Likes

That zmf looks sick! What did you ask for to make it look like that?

4 Likes

Awesome setup and welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

I had planned on getting a dark leopardwood LTD pair, but Zach offered to make me a stabilized set. More details, pics, and backstory in the VC thread:

There are more stabilized sets coming, but I’m not sure when or what the official process will be. Keep your eyes out for an official announcement.

9 Likes

Nice to see you here!

Welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Thanks, and likewise–good to see you here as well. Nice that the underlying forum engine is the same as the one at HiFi Guides. It works well and is familiar.

So far I’ve just poked around a little inbetween work tasks, but I like what I’ve seen here so far, and the proactive welcome message was appreciated. I’ll make a point to dig into the forum a little more when I can.

5 Likes