New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Hello and welcome @bluenite, @jek, @Dogway, @ckc and @FindYourZero.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @nghiatran139, @SquashFan and @cspersel.

7 Likes

Hello and welcome @brandonwhm @peter and @Jay.

5 Likes

welcome to all the last weeks new members!

4 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks new members, enjoy !

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @rodders and @StevenR296.

4 Likes

Welcome to all new members. Enjoy

3 Likes

I am very sorry to say that I havenā€™t visited this thread in far too long, please accept my apologies and a very warm welcome to all that have joined since my last post here!!

6 Likes

Welcome to all this weeks new members.

4 Likes

Thanks for the welcome. I live in Germany and I am new to headphones. I listen to all kinds of music, but mostly jazz and classical ā€¦

Speaker chain:
Studio monitors (Genelc 8260, with room calibration) digitally fed from an eRed dock (https://www.engineered.ch/products/ered-dock/) and hanging from a clean power source. Control and source are Bubble-Upnp and qobuz. Imho, a fantastic combination. Coherence, timbre of the instruments, spatiality, etc. all incredibly good. The sound detaches itself from the speakers and is simply there, you forget the speakers and wonder why there are any at all. What impresses me most is the feeling of being ā€œin the musicā€, or at least very close to it. The authenticity of timbre is also close to what I remember from my active orchestra days.

Headphones:
At home: RME-ADI-2 DAC with ???
Mobile: Earmen Sparrow + FiiO FD5

So far I have heard: HD560, HD660, Focal Elear, Focal Clear and also LCD-X. All as B-stock with sufficient playing time. All very good headphones but the clear winner for me is the LCD-X (2021). I really like it and it comes closest to what Iā€™m looking for. Now I was still hoping to find all this in closed form in the LCD-XC. I received it last week and have been comparing X with XC for 3 days. I can return both until the end of the week ā€¦

Looking forward to some input and want to thank you for posting all this helpful information on here.

Greetings, Stefan

9 Likes

Hi all,

Thanks for the warm welcome! Iā€™m just now getting back into the headphone realm after 20+ years away.

Iā€™ve kinda gone ā€œmid-fi hog wildā€ purchasing a ton of gear in the past 120 days.

I look forward to reading everyoneā€™s posts and learning from you guys.

ā€” Jeff Y.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @RBA, @Reuben_Padilla and @Flippant.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @lpnrad.

4 Likes

Hey everyone, Tom here, from sunny Scotland (Joking - we all know Scotland isnā€™t sunny! :rofl:),

I love music, listening, talking, touching (sounds creepy), bass and everything that is a sound frequency, after-all, thatā€™s what we all are really - waves!

Talking about waves, I also love to surf, YES, even in -5 degrees, love it!!

I have a general interest in headphones and use them daily, aspiring to be an Audiophile.

Trying to figure out life and how to love unconditionally!

Peace,
Tom

9 Likes

if-its-not-scottish-its-crap

6 Likes

Sup new members of the week! Look forward and enjoy the forum! :facepunch:

4 Likes

Hey yā€™all. I am from S. Carolina. I love music - pretty much everything except Opera and Newer country.
My favorite DACs I currently have include the Schiit Gungnir Multibit [A2] and the new Topping D70s [the best DS DAC I have heard.]
For amps, I am loving my Schiit Jotunheim 2 and Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Platinum. I have also been considering the Singxer SA-1 [if anyone has one for sale, please let me know!].
My most used headphones include a Focal Clear Pro OG and HiFiMAN HE6SE v1 for open backs and a Focal Elegia and a ā€œDMT moddedā€ Denon AH-D7200 for closed backs. I am new to the forum, but have lurked here for a while before recently creating an account to ask questions and advice.
Be Well and God Bless! Cheers.

11 Likes

Welcome to forum @gonzoznog

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Audiophile_TS, @gonzoznog, @GetInTheRolls, @HenrikDK, @AMZ and @souon.

7 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks new members, Enjoy !

4 Likes