New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Welcome, @Crepusculum!

1 Like

Hello @Crepusculum I every now and then listen to the same genres and bands as you especially Amaranthe, and can often find many headphones lacking the punch in the bass that can make those bands really enjoyable to listen to. Although I don’t have the same headphones as you (Radiance), I find giving the headphones a little bump in the bass with EQ can be enough. Recommend giving it a try. There is plenty of experts here that might offer some better advice like pad swapping or filtering material, but I don’t have any experience with those particular headphones to give solid advice.

1 Like

Thank you, I should look into some applications for EQ tuning. That is a good idea.

I have the ZenDAC V1, and its bass is indeed shallow relative to the potential of my headphones. Adding a power supply may slightly help, but you’ll do better with an external amplifier (using the ZenDAC as a DAC alone) and EQ. I’ve run stuff through a Schiit Loki hardware EQ for instant tone modifications. If you are a hardcore bass head, EQ may be your best choice.

1 Like

I appreciate the information. A little more punch and feel would be nice, but I definitely want to avoid booming and droning.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Crepusculum, @JKTRRT, @Gary, @Max1246 and @Poly.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Solve.

3 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks new members, Enjoy !

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Thompsonkirk and @Bobthebuilder.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m rather new to the audio world (only started a couple months back). Soon going to getting my first audiophile grade cans, going to get the sundara! Mainly listen to rock, and it’s surrounding sub-genres, and some heavy metal and rap

7 Likes

Welcome!

4 Likes

Feeling Excited to be here.

6 Likes

Enjoy the weekend, happy listening new members! :notes:

2 Likes

That is a great place to start the Sundara’s are a fine set. Let us all know how you like them and of course ask for any advice you need at all. There are some super helpful people on the forum. Best of luck @Bobthebuilder. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome were always excited to receive new members.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Gram_Organic, @rhpdaddy, @ScottSpeed and @Ziemann.

5 Likes

Welcome to all this weeks new members.

2 Likes

Thank you so much senior, Really appreciate this welcome.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @Lexington_Rooke and @funkur.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @7lees.

4 Likes