New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

New members! A blissful musical experience awaits you this weekend! Happy listening :notes:

Hello and welcome @sylviareidvqe and @victorb.

1 Like

thanks @tjg, I certainly will. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and welcome @mickwoodlyn.

1 Like

Welcome to all this weeks new members.

1 Like

@kevkie - share some photos or impressions of your trip to zeppelin if you go - sure everyone here would be really interested. Pretty unique place.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @CRITICAL.

2 Likes

A friendly Hello from Switzerland,

ā€œThe New World of High End IEMs ā€œ
For many, many years, Iā€™ was - and still am - a user of Over Ears, namely STAX phones.

I looking forward to finding & participating in interesting discussions and technical exchanges about High End IEMs, which are a new ā€œkind of toyā€ for me. They are replacing my previously used Closed Phones.

Regards
Urs

7 Likes

Hello and welcome, @URS!

Hello and welcome @URS, @stan and @CovidHeretic.

4 Likes

Itā€™s been far too long since I welcomed all of the new members.

I have no idea what is going on here, (I mean in the picture, but Iā€™m sure some of you will take this far more generically :crazy_face:) but I thought it looked good for new membersā€¦

Welcome, Welcome to all of you.

7 Likes

Hello and welcome @Justinus and @jassmews25.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Luposian and @hababa.

1 Like

Hello, my name (handle) is Luposian. And Iā€™m here because I am new to Planar magnetic headphones. Never even knew such things existed until my brother showed me a site with them for sale. It was my frustration in trying to find a pair of headphones that were like (or better than) a pair of Philips I have. Everything else was bass-dominant and not enjoyable to listen to.

Then, in deciding to try a different technology (Planar magnetic), in hopes maybe that might work, I searched for the lowest priced pair I could get my hands on. The Drop + Hifiman HE-X4ā€™s were only $129! $119 with $10 discount code from Drop. However, I located a supposedly new pair on eBay for only $95 or Best Offer. I offered $90 and he accepted. He tried them out to make sure they worked and gushed how wonderful they wereā€¦ par for the course, from everything Iā€™d read. Well, I got them today and they are everything I was trying to match, sound-wise. Not bass-dominant and the mids-highs come singing through, just like the Philipsā€¦ except a little airier!

Funny though, how, if I cup my hands over the outside of the Drops, all the bass just vanishes and all Iā€™m left with is tinny, distorted frequencies. :rofl: Weird how this new (to me, at least) technology works.

8 Likes

Hello and welcome @TheCuriosityProject and @allbombs.

3 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks new members, enjoy !

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Desmoface.

3 Likes

Welcome and have a great weekend new members! Happy listeningā€¦:notes:

2 Likes

Welcome to new members. Enjoy.

2 Likes

A warm welcome to all of the members who have joined since my last post in this thread. Itā€™s great to see the community continue to grow!!

5 Likes