New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Is there a list of Moderators?

Yes, right here: https://forum.headphones.com/about

FYI all admins are also moderators.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I didnt see a official discussion thread about the Monoprice Monolith 887. There is one for the Drop THX AAA version. Do we want to create a seperate one for this variant?

Alex

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a good idea. Maybe @ someone listed under the previous link shared by @andrew

1 Like

Here you go ā€¦

6 Likes

Hi, Iā€™ve been lurking here for a while and thought to introduce myself before posting on some of the topics.

Iā€™m an independent filmmaker/post production guy in features and TV and a relative newbie to hifi. I am certainly new to headphones as a listening destination rather than a work tool. I recently moved my suite into a different part of the home and headphones are now the nighttime normal.

Iā€™ve been through some inexpensive grado SR60s and 80s, HD650s (original), HE400is, AKG712s, ZMF Classics, Nhoord Red and Magnum V8 grado DIY builds. I am now into HD600s, modded HD650s (SBAF KISS mod), Elleven Acoustica G1 grado mod and am building a pair or Elleven Acoustica R1s. I will always keep my AKG 240monitor 600ohm 'phones - when I worked in audio studios and radio these were the goto. I make my own (fancy) cables and generally run things balanced when the amp allows.

Iā€™ve been through a few amps: Burson original soloist, Burson Fun, LCX. I am currently running a ZDT JR with GE or Mullard tubes. I think, however, that I am going to sell it as I recently picked up a Monoprice THX 887 and itā€™s fabulous. Like really fabulous - clean (cleanest Iā€™ve heard), smooth, big sounding and it images beautifully.

Iā€™ve had a number of DACs: Rega, Heed, M-Audio, Gungnir MB, Denafrips ARES, HOLO Spring LV2. I use an RME ADI-2 DAC in the studio (in DSD from HQPlayer when listening for fun)

I am listening mostly to the RME/THX combo now and the 600s are my current favourite.

Anyways. See you in the topics.

9 Likes

Welcome, Justin. Glad to have you here.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Iā€™ve been poking around the site for a few days now and figured Iā€™d say hello. Iā€™ve been around Head-Fi for a few years and browse some other forums as well (audioaficionado, ASR, etc.). I used to be more involved in the headphone world than I am now. Iā€™ve branched out a bit into the 2-channel world lately. Iā€™ve also been busy exploring a new city and all the surrounding mountains. I have a list of gear that I own/have owned over on Head-Fi under the same username if interested. Iā€™m always happy to offer feedback on what Iā€™ve listened to. Just be prepared to be underwhelmed with my viewsā€¦

-DVass13

7 Likes

Welcome Dan. Looking forward to your input, as underwhelming as it may be. :blush:

1 Like

Hello Guys from Louisiana. Started getting into headphones about a year ago. Currently running Darkvoice, Oppo 98 (older but have a 103 for movies) with Bayerdynamics Dt 990-250 ohm also Sennheiser HD 6xx. Where should might next investment be?? Better tubes, eq better dac. What im looking for is better sound separation and wider stage presence. Thanks in Advance

8 Likes

Thanks for the welcome, @noacc, and right back atcha! Needed a new place to hang out, so Iā€™m glad to see plenty of folks old and new active here.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome, Greg.

2 Likes

Welcome @DVass13! Glad you found your way to the friendliest place in hifi.

1 Like

Iā€™m just going to pop in here to say how awesome it is to see so many new people joining us in the last week. Welcome, everybody!

3 Likes

I agree. So much so I gave you my last like for the as Iā€™ve earned the ā€œOut of Loveā€ badge. :laughing:

It is great to ā€˜seeā€™ so many new faces.

2 Likes

I have to imagine it is in large part due to the Drop of the Raal SR1a. Iā€™m sure a number of people came for the review thread and then got lost looking for the exit. Like an IKEA, but without the meatballsā€¦

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot of great info, and especially people here. Thatā€™s what drew me to join.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s WAY more information regarding the SR1a in the official thread for them here, than is ever likely to make it into any single review. And itā€™s from multiple parties and owners as well.

The review, well my review at least, is, at best, going to be putting that sort of thing in a more concise and organized form. Itā€™s not going to reveal anything new, though.

3 Likes

Welcome @greg!

1 Like