New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Well it’s a highly regarded dac on this forum, and for what it’s worth, my next electronics purchase.

You should be good. :+1:t4:

3 Likes

Welcome Dexcom7 to the community, The Bifrost 2 is a very nice DAC. I hope you are doing well.

4 Likes

Thanks @angstorms All is well. Hope all is well on your side.

4 Likes

Thanks for the link, A nice good read for lunch :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @DEXCOM7. I’m sure you’ll fit right in. It’s an enjoyable place to hang if Audio is your thing. Of course it helps if you like headphones too. :smile:.

6 Likes

:smiley: Thanks for the welcome!

4 Likes

Welcome to this great community @DEXCOM7 lots of great people here

4 Likes

Thanks for the welcome!

5 Likes

Welcome @Fairly_Near to this great community

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Fairly_Near.

4 Likes

Welcome to all new members this week.

5 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m an ultra-running, car-racing software geek in Houston Texas who has been involved in AV for decades but new to headphones specifically. I have a long history with ANC headphones when flying (I’ve owned most generations of the Bose stuff, including their pilot headset) but not much experience with home A/V headphones. My current travel headphones are some Etymotic ER4p in ears, which I’ve been really happy with since 2012. I’ve started wearing headphones while I work, though, so lately I’ve been buying gear. Earlier this year I started with a set of Drop HD 6XX hooked up to a Topping D90 DAC and a Monolith THX 887 amp and the experience has been transformative. I’m listening to a local library of ripped CDs (ALAC) using Roon paired with a Qobuz streaming subscription.

My girlfriend complained about the sound leakage from the open HD6XX headphones, so I can’t listen to them when she’s nearby. That started me shopping for a pair of close back headphones. So last week I ordered a DX7 Pro dac for my bedroom and a pair of Focal Stellia which will surely become my new daily wear headphones. The Stellia will arrive tomorrow according to UPS.

Thanks to headphones.com for a painless shopping experience and for building this community. I’ve been lurking through the threads and discussions all day today.

13 Likes

Welcome to the community @nugget!

2 Likes

First, welcome @nugget I’m very pleased to have yet another gearhead joining the forum. You say how you like Etymolic, then you say this:

Well, sir, I have a solution for you. Get some of these etymolics:

And insert them into her ears. Your leakage problem for the Sennheiser HD-6xx is solved. And for only $20.

6 Likes

Welcome David @nugget to the forum.

The Stellia is actually a headphone I’m interested in, looking forward to your thoughts and impressions.

Here’s a link for the Stellia thread:

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @nugget. That’s quite the jump in quality from your everyday Bose. I’m not knocking Bose either but the sound quality should be a noticable improvement for you. Enjoy.

4 Likes

You’re gonna like those Stellia’s! :grinning:

3 Likes

welcome to the forum David!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @nugget. The Stellia are very nice headphones, it also what I use when I have my family around.

I hope your doing well down in Houston, Hello from Austin.

3 Likes

Welcome @nugget!!! I need to test your Stellias! :smiley:

5 Likes