New IEMs from Campfire Audio: Ara, Solaris 2020 and Andromeda 2020

Although they were leaked earlier today, Campfire Audio has 3 new IEMs they’ve released for May 14th.

Ara

Highlights

• 7 Balanced Armature Drivers + T.A.E.C.™, featuring Dual Highs, Single Mid and Quad Lows
  • Solid-Body Internal Acoustic Chamber Design
  • Crossover-less’ design (no passive electronic components in signal path)
  • Titanium Shell with Black PVD Screws
  • Black Stainless Steel Spout
  • Circular Beryllium / Copper MMCX
  • Smoky Jacket Silver Plated Litz Cable
  • New Sustainably Harvested Cork Zipper Case in Blue: Hand made in Portugal

Specs

• SPL: 93dB @ 1k
  • Frequency Response: 10-26kHz
  • Earphone Impedance: 8.5 Ohm @1k

Solaris 2020

Highlights

• 20% Smaller fit than the original Solaris
  • Hybrid Design: Dual Balanced Armature Drivrers + T.A.E.C.™, Single Mid Balanced Armature, 10mm ADLC Diaphragm Dynamic Driver + Polarity Tuned Chamber
  • All New Solid-Body Internal Acoustic Design
  • Circular Beryllium Copper MMCX
  • New Super Smoky Litz Cable

Specs

• SPL: 115dB @ 1k
  • Frequency Response: 5Hz - 20kHz
  • Earphone Impedance: 15.5 Ohm @ 1k

Andromeda 2020

Highlights

• Anodized Emerald Green Body
  • Dual High Frequency Balanced Armature Drivers + T.A.E.C.
  • Single Mid Frequency Balanced Armature Driver
  • Dual Low Frequency Balanced Armature Drivers
  • Custom Beryllium / Copper MMCX Connections
  • Machined Aluminum Shell
  • Tuned Acoustic Expansion Chamber™ (T.A.E.C.)
  • Stainless Steel Spout
  • Solid Body Design
  • 3D optimized acoustic construction
  • Campfire Audio Litz Cable – Silver Plated Copper Conductors with Berylium Copper MMCX and 3.5mm Stereo Plug
  • Campfire Audio Sustainable Cork Earphone Case. Dyed Green. Made in Portugal.

Specs

• 10Hz–28 kHz Frequency Response
  • 112.8 dB SPL/mW Sensitivity
  • 12.8 Ohms @ 1kHz Impedance

What do you guys think? A smaller Solaris seems very appealing since the primary complaint with the OG Solaris was the large fit.

13 Likes

If the OG Solaris hadn’t been such a hassle to keep in my ears, I’d still have them … so this is welcome news.

1 Like

I’m interested on the smaller Solaris my dealer has some in stock. I was itching on pulling the trigger but held back until tomorrow. He say they are smaller and sound a slight different. The other two don’t interest me enough. I already have Andromeda V3 I think? Purchased three months ago.

Whats the Solaris signature? The smaller housing interests me for sure.

I’m enjoying these Dunu DK2001. Do like me a slight V, definately need the bass to hit hard.

And what is their bore diameter? My google Fu failed me

My goodness I want to try them all!!

Amazing and huge announcement from Campfire Audio. I’m still absolutely loving my Atlas’s, however I’d love to complement them someday soon. :slight_smile:

Great update.

2 Likes

The OG Solaris had a balanced sound signature overall, with DD bass (although not as impactful as others of the same type). There definitely was some hollowness in the upper mids, but apparently this has been fixed by a certain degree with the SE and now the new 2020 one.

1 Like

Thanks!

Any idea on that bore diameter?

Yes the mids are a fuller and more forward on the SE (among other things) and based on some early reports possibly a dash more so on the 2020.

3 Likes