Off-topic: Food (on topic if pairing with music ;) )

These look delicious - are those jalapeños (or green peppers)? And what’s the filling - some kind of cheese or béchamel sauce, or poached egg? Sorry for the questions!

2 Likes

Cream chess stuffed jalapeños wrapped in bacon aka Jalapeño Poppers.

Yes they are yum asf! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I bet they’re super addictive - I’ve long been a fan of deep-fried jalapeño poppers but these, with the bacon, are on a whole other level! These ingredients are definitely going on my next grocery list! Thank you!

3 Likes

OH man, you have no clue! They go hard with whiskey! This fkers do not last a min when out of the BBQ.

You will love them!

6 Likes

Yes!!! I can absolutely see these going well with a good bourbon. Or maybe a smoky single malt?

3 Likes

I’ve long thought a home-made dinner of bar appetizers would be fun sometime, especially if watching some sports or long movie on a Sunday evening - with a few, marginally less unhealthy options, something like spinach and artichoke dip, quesadillas and salsa, short rib nachos, onion rings, mozzarella sticks, poutine (or chips and gravy), and buffalo wings. Washed down with Lagunitas IPAs and Michters bourbon. (Ok, not so healthy, then.) And now these little beauties!

3 Likes

Pork ribs and Filipino sausages (longganisa)! Delicious!!

11 Likes

@TylersEclectic you should try “Chorizo de Bola” on the grill. To die for bruh!

4 Likes

This was my nickname in college. :wink:

7 Likes

Milargesa is my specialty. :blush:

1 Like

Big fan of Chorizo! I kind of want to do flank steak to make tacos or fajitas on the grill…just need to find a good marinade recipe…

3 Likes

If you like “al natural”
Beer (Must be Modelo Especial) Salt and Pepper, ziplock bag for one day.
nom nom nom, good to no end. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Currently doing a whiskey, sake, mushroom soy sauce, dry seasoning, mustard and a bit of coke into a wet marinade for a beef roast I’m going to slow cook on the Q tomorrow… I like experimenting :joy: I did a similar wet marinade a bit back and it turned out pretty tasty… oh and I put Hoisin sauce in there too…

Once on the Q I’ll add some more dry season I’ll randomly throw together… and also use the wet marinade to brush on periodically over a couple hours of cooking (3-4hrs)… :yum:

3 Likes

Man that sound good asf. I try to keep my beef cuts closer to the original flavor as much as I can.
I should try that one day.

2 Likes

This is my go to Carne Asada recipe. I usually use skirt steak, but flank steak is great too:

5 Likes

Skirt steak is the way to go. :+1:t4:

4 Likes

I usually do proper steaks with minimal seasoning… but anything else is fair game to my random experiment lol… I’m a big fan of using Orangina as a medium as well for marinades! Sooo good! Both as a mixer, stand-alone drink and marinade base!

https://www.orangina-na.com/

3 Likes

oh, yes! dude orangina and or orange in general is found in many of the seasonings you find in the “carnicerías” for “fajita marinada” along with Worcestershire sauce and a few other things.

Cant go wrong with that mix :smiley:

3 Likes

You meant Coke, right?

Otherwise, those are some serious ribs! I want more, More, MORE!!!

5 Likes

I can see were Coke and coke can be different! LOL

2 Likes