Off Topic Gaming Thread

A few of us are gamers here, and sound is a big part of gaming. Feel free to have some discussions on gaming here whether it has to do with headphones or not. Any one pick up the new Red Dead game yet?

5 Likes

By the way my games nowadays consist of Destiny 2 (PS4) Assassins Creed Odyssey (PC) Rainbow Six Siege (PC) and Call Of Duty Black Ops 4 (PC)

2 Likes

I have RDR2. I have only played to the end of the intro and started riding my horse around in the snow but stopped after that. I don’t know how much time I’ll have to consume myself into the game. It’s the first game I’ve gotten since Persona 5, outside of Football Manager, which takes up most of my limited game time. I’ve been working on my own android game which is really what I end up doing in my spare time besides reviewing headphones.

2 Likes

Destiny 2 on XboxoneX consumed/consumes most of my time, but I’m going to focus on RDR2 here for a bit to try and beat it quickly…to get back to my Destiny addiction. I also play on PC, and Switch! I love me some Indies and mostly play them on switch and PC.

1 Like

Too bad, you dont have a PS4, otherwise I’d invite you to my Headphone Horse Posse clan for RDR2. :slight_smile:

I have Switch, PS4, Vita and PC. I still play NCAA Football on PS2 (though PC emulator mostly) and PSP/Vita.

2 Likes

I wish Destiny 2 allowed for cross saves with PC, I would play mostly on PC if it did…as of now I just don’t have time to play both on PC and XB1X

Playstation just never really grabbed me for whatever reason… I’m not the biggest fan of the controller or the User Interface.

3 Likes

You’re a FPS man. I used to play lots of doom and Unreal Tournament back in the day. I don’t have the hand eye coordination now though.:grinning:

1 Like

I loved the first RDR game. I am also a fan of the Command and Conquer type games with resources management thrown in.

When I get RDR2 I will gladly join you.

1 Like

I love a good Age of Empires session. Pop on some music and I an get lost in that game for hours.

4 Likes

Another PS4 gamer here. I picked up RDR2 yesterday but haven’t even had time to unwrap and install yet! Currently playing through Spider-Man, The Division, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, and Battlefield 1.

I prefer a wireless headphone setup for the couch, moved from original Astro A50’s to the newish Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless recently.

3 Likes

Nice, you’ll have to let me know how you like RDR2. I will buy this one after I Finnish my current game.

1 Like

Does anyone have any game suggestions for MacBook Pro or am I just kidding myself? Please be kind…

1 Like

Nice! Wildlands was really good fun with a squad. I also picked up the Arctis Pro Wireless and have been having a really good time with it. Sound quality is average but the wireless features are second to none in my book and it works flawlessly.

1 Like

For MacBook Pro I would mainly recommend RTS style games or point and click adventures like tycoon style games. It doesn’t have the power or optimization to run AAA 3D games at good quality. You can try, but it won’t be pretty unfortunately. I used to have an old MacBook Pro 13" and made the mistake of buying BioShock for it. It basically didn’t run.

2 Likes

Will do!

It took about 90 mins to install the thing last night plus a 3.5 GB patch. I hope the bandwidth is going to be worth it (I suspect it might be, just quietly!).

1 Like

Torchlight 1 & 2 are both awesome games and are less than $5 bucks right now on Steam (Think diablo clones with more light hearted graphics).

4 Likes

I just finished up Spiderman and God of War on PS4. Both were fantastic games. Holding off on Red Dead until Christmas time so I can use it as an excuse to buy it.

I play a lot of Dota 2 as well (used to play Dota 1 back in the day) and when I was younger I was really into WoW but that is a game I definitely do not have time for anymore. Most of my gaming is relegated to very early mornings or very late evenings and is usually not consistent. I am a huge fan of RPGs but they are really hard to play with constant start - stopping as I find it takes me a while to get back into the story again. I’m about halfway through FFXV and its taken me about a year to get there.

5 Likes

Just finished Gris…just amazingly beautiful! Art and soundtrack…I cannot recommend this game enough! I have over 100 screen captures of it on my switch. Damn…it is sticking with me…

It is available on PC and MacOS, and all the consoles I’m sure. I recommend if you get it to play with headphones or quality speaker system.

3 Likes

Hah this reply made me reminded that I own RDR2 and I have not played it.

1 Like