OFF-TOPIC: Photography Showcase/Show-off

I have and fly sometimes such “Pro-Models” with worth over 30k + camera and lens

this was not the intention of his question

2 Likes

There’s not a straight line “up” in steps…

3 Likes

After reading several reviews today, I’m of the opinion that the Mavic Mini may be a landmark product. It expands opportunities for use, and is a likely gateway drug. It’s delivering a lot of prosumer features at half the cost of prior models. While the image quality is absolutely last generation (e.g., similar to my old Mavic Pro), it has several selling points.

Key considerations include:

• Sub 250 gram weight is a big deal. This means it IS classified as a toy so it doesn’t require registration. Furthermore, at the size of “3 cell phones” it’s very easy to carry. The toy classification may allow it to fly in some locations where larger drones are not legal, but don’t count on it. DJI has robust GPS-based geo-fencing for known no-fly zones. This is to prevent criminal/terrorist exploitation, avoid upsetting local governments, and to avoid much more severe government restrictions.
  • The accessory set resembles higher-end drones (e.g., propeller cage), which facilitates use indoors or near people/objects. The remote is the DJI standard style and pretty elegant overall.
  • The cost/value ratio is way better than the last generation Spark, as one gets 3 batteries and 90 minutes of flight time for $500 (Fly More bundle).
  • The review below states it’s more stable in the wind than larger Mavics, as it has less weight and inertia. Wind can be a big issue near objects of interest or when attempting a hand-grab launch and landing. Hand-grabs take less time than a surface launch/landing, and can be executed in small, rough, slanted, bushy, or otherwise difficult areas.

Sample review below:

4 Likes

It was taken at Picture Lake near Mt Baker Ski resort in Washington State on Oct 26th, 2019.

New snow but lake was not frozen.

Popular spot for landscape photographer

10 Likes

Quite overwhelming, seen you reaching out to the seniour kids with cinema5d

Yes it is another of so many milestones
I got no problem repeating it: have fun

1 Like

Adobe Photoshop is now on iPad! Looking forward to seeing what it brings! I’ll have to download it when I’m home, as coffee shop WiFi kind of sucks lol

2 Likes

Yes! Recieved the Info Mail and will give it a try on my wifes iPad thing in the next days

2 Likes

I was just having some fun with the way light was hitting stuff at the beach near my place in Vancouver. Shot with a 16-80mm zoom

13 Likes

Love the light rays in both

2 Likes

My son was excited about this. iPads have enough computing power now, so it makes sense.

1 Like

Mount Si near sunset

10 Likes

I meant to post this a bit a go…but got distracted… lol… I have a couple hundred images I’m in post with right now =(

Anyhow @antdroid

10 Likes

Love the depth of field. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Went for a walk in Stanley Park with my girlfriend the other day. Had this view of the city.

12 Likes

It was taken from my house last week.

Olympic mountains is seen just above mist.

14 Likes

Some beautiful photos from talented photographers. :+1:t4:

3 Likes

Loving this thread, hope to contribute but please understand that I like a mood to my pics and love the interaction of light and dark. So with that warning, here it goes…

14 Likes

I’m a photography no0b, but have fun snapping pics on my phone when I’m out and about. These are some recent odds and ends, usually capture DNG with stock Samsung (S9+) camera the edit in Lightroom CC, which is insanely good as a free app.

Uh this is kinda a lot I just noticed so if anyone could let me know how to format these into a smaller grid I’d be grateful. Also aspect ratios are weird in preview so may need to click images to see them in full.

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

8 Likes

Beautiful shots. I especially like the museum photo. Well done!

2 Likes

When the mountains pretend to be the ocean…

11 Likes