OFF-TOPIC: Photography Showcase/Show-off

Absolutely stunning.

2 Likes

there is nothing cooler, than getting up early and enjoy a peaceful morning while taking such a shot

2 Likes

()

analog Shots in the Alps two weeks ago
Camera Hasselblad 503cw midformat 6x6
Film: Velvia 50
fast scans
no edit
cropped

11 Likes

The last is an old(magic included)midformat ilford film

9 Likes

Gorgeous. :heart:

1 Like

Yeah, those are awesome shots! I’m still learning… I am really enjoying this hobby! So much to learn and lots of nuance to keep me engaged!

2 Likes

oh thank you!
like we all do enjoy getting out and do something new
we did test some “new” light meters (from the 70s) at this shoot and it was a steep learning curve

the big scans rock from what I saw and the prints from a velvia 50 are so rich on the paper- love it

2 Likes

Go team FILM!

4 Likes

You mean these moving pictures?
Or
do you say by that you embrace analog photography?

again sorry for my bad english

Think it is the second

1 Like

My guess is analog photography. But, celluloid is celluloid. :heart:

1 Like

Analog Photography. I used to do that a lot. It’s like vinyl records. There is a ritual. I was pretty good at the black and white ritual. I was just a beginner at the color ritual.

3 Likes

ritual / routine you name it.
Yes colour is a different best.
My best buddy is colour blind and prefers black/white
I am more into colours
He is the one who prefers to shoot wide and standard glass.
I am more the tele and standard guy.

3 Likes

New toy day at my buddys place!
His third Hasselblad came yesterday
The glass is the 50-110 f 3.5-4.5
it was 6200 new - he got it for under 1k
A 100 f 2.2 is on it’s way- also for the H-System
He has the whole V-System in like new condition
Can’t wait to test it

download_20191115_070517|690x388

this is a monster

4 Likes

People who only know digital snap away like crazy. Just knowing your resources are limited and have a cost slows you down, makes you more deliberate, and improves your vision.

3 Likes

absolutely!
and self limiting is the key to me
I often had and have many cameras and lots of glas on me or with me
this is ok to document a happening - does not help with “making or producing” a shot

the 18 steps with a large format 4x5 Toyo before and after you release the shutter…
but even with a 35mm half-automatic “modern” Nikon F5 or Canon 30v - the cost of chemistry and paper, nice films the scanning process… you won´t fire at all you see
I still have a look at the back after some shots - to realise again and again, that I have to wait a few hours or days… taking notes instead of exif data …
and the F5 shutter sound - glorious! :slight_smile:
the mechanics a viewfinder snaps in perfectly - maybe similar to a refined automatic machine gun hahaaa

4 Likes

Well picked up a new toy…they didn’t have the fly more package available so I said screw it and got the standard one (mostly because I want it for my upcoming trip and don’t want to wait for the bundle)…

Flying it in the guest room/my new space for my audio/gaming/editing stuff :laughing:

10 Likes
  1. Congrats.
  2. Discipline, discipline, discipline.
  3. Situational awareness.
  4. Trees!
2 Likes

It is very easy to fly! And it is tiny! I’m very impressed so far…granted I’ve only flown it aroundthe guest room around/above/below the posts and beams. Flying it up to action figures etc!

Very fun! Only issue that isn’t really an issue is it doesn’t shoot RAW, but that can be added later if they decide it is worth it.

Once I get back from vacation, I’ll pick up some accessories for it.

4 Likes

Haha nice.
don’t expect the first takes to be highest production value
Have fun with it

2 Likes

I got a kick out of this! I lol’d a couple times!

Now to be clear, I have a Sony A7iii and love it! But this dude is entertaining AF! Lol

3 Likes