Qobuz festival sale for Hi-Res audio files

That’s interesting. I thought that it was 14.99 / mo for Studio Premier PLUS an additional $250/ year for the Sublime+? So that’s $490 / year for the subscription cost alone?

Or does the $250 / year include Studio Premier in its entirety?

Sublime+ is $250 as a one-time payment that includes your full year’s streaming subscription.

So vs. Studio Premier you’re paying an extra $70 to get the discounted downloads benefit.

It’s NOT an additional $250 over a subscription.

1 Like

Since I’m not in a supported country I sent them email about how to join. Hopefully they’ll answer before the promo is over.

I’m pretty sure the current promotion is only good for the US.

Qualifying for that, if they don’t extend it further, would require both a US VPN and a credit card with a US billing address.

Yeah I’m afraid of that. But I’ve read in other forums that there are ways to get around it. Even with Qobuz’s own help. I’ve got my fingers crossed they reply positively.

1 Like

Thanks. Quite useful sharing. I would like to try the Qobuz after my Tidal subscription expires.
BTW Is there any suggestions about how to transfer Tidal playlists to Qobuz? Currently I only found 2 types of solutions. One is the online syncing site like Soundizz and the other one is the offline downloading tools like AudFree Tidal Music Converter. I don’t know which one is better.

3 Likes

hey Lisa.

the soundizz worked for me in the past.

1 Like

This can be educational for sure. I joined Qobuz during the last month of the “5 months for 5 dollars” Tidal promotion. In that fashion I could compare the selection and quality for both services side by side. [Findings: Tidal has a smoother filtered tone and the software is more stable. Qobuz has a more accurate/brighter tone but the Mac software was unstable. I’m not into hip-hop or R&B, so a lot of Tidal’s content was not relevant to me.]

During the Qobuz trial (30 days) I joined Amazon HD music for another side-by-side test.

1 Like

I second your impressions on sound.

both services work very stable on all our Apple, Android and Windows 10 devices, as Amazon Music HD and Spotify do.

Qobuz on my 2019 Macbook Pro had two issues:

1. Routinely dropping the DAC output quality to the lowest setting (16/44.1), requiring frequent manual overrides and tweaks.
  2. Randomly shutting down during navigation.

I never had significant issues with the Tidal or Amazon HD music playback software. Sometimes the Tidal videos got stuck in odd window locations, but that’s not a music issue per se. Amazon HD has an optional “exclusive” mode but I haven’t detected any quality differences – it can be useful when playing two sources at the same time on one computer.

1 Like