Spotify to Launch Hifi Tier in 2021

Confirmed directly from Spotify:

I switched to Tidal at the beginning of the year, after paying a small fee to some service (i forget the name of it) to transfer all of my playlists. I had been using Spotify for seven years at that point, but figured that I would finally try the switch. I still maintain my subscription to Spotify, mainly because of the Joe Rogan podcast. Both streaming services have their pros and cons.

I’ll definitely be trying out Spotify Hifi. I’ll probably also keep my Tidal subscription for the time being, unless Spotify Hifi totally blows me out of the water which, given Spotify’s total market dominance and generally much more user-friendly experience (imo), is possible.

7 Likes

I’ve been sticking with Spotify because of the diverse catalog, the interface, and because to me the “high quality” version sounds plenty good to my ears. I’ll be very interested to try their HiFi service whenever it finally launches. “Later this year” could mean Dec. 31 so I’m not holding my breath.

Don’t call it SpottyHiFi

I’m sure artists will get their full 0.000000000000325 cent additional royalty payments per play with the higher tier prices.

2 Likes