Qudelix 5K Review and Comparison to ES100, FiiO BTR-5

Qudelix 5K Review and Comparison to ES100, BTR-5

The Qudelix 5K is the latest entry in the Bluetooth DAC space from some of the folks behind the ES100 MK1.

The Qudelix 5K has far better build quality than the ES100. The (polycarbonate?) shell has zero give or creaking and feels very sturdy. The app of the Qudelix 5K is not as flexible as that of the ES100 just yet, but it is fairly new and rapidly improving. The filters on the Qudelix 5K make a definitely-audible difference.

The battery life of the Qudelix 5K is simply phenomenal, lasting me 12-13 hours of continuous listening with 10% remaining at the end (screenshot). I used the 3.5mm output, the balanced output would probably halve these numbers.

I find the Qudelix 5K to be superior to the BTR-5. In some edge-cases, the audio reproduction of the BTR-5 seems to be buggy. I went through two BTR-5s and still had an audio issue with the iPhone and Spotify on the BTR-5 that I didn’t have on the ES100 or Qudelix 5K. As such, I trust the audio reproduction of the Qudelix 5K/ES100 more than the FiiO BTR-5.

6 Likes

Here is an overview of the DAC filters (source):

I found Minimum Phase Fast Roll-Off to sound the most natural.

1 Like