Reflecting on our First Week: Post Your Feedback Here

I’ve been a moderator and an administrator on another non headphone/music site. It’s not an easy task, one is always getting called out for being too heavy handed or not hands on enough. I found that the best approach was to try to avoid getting into the middle of squabbles and try to keep topics/discussions on track. One problem I always saw was getting challenged about my knowledge of a subject even though being a mod or admin had nothing to do with product expertise.
So far this has been a good experience, the community is polite, and helpful. I hope it stays that way after it gets opened up June 1st.

2 Likes

I am impressed with the passion of the members and the wide range of products that have been mentioned. Good Luck to Headphone.Com.

1 Like

HI Guys!
It’s great to have this place for Headphone-aphiles. I know it is in Beta but I just opened the website(5/16/2018 12:11 pm NYC time) and i got a feeling of being overwhelmed. This is not negative just some feedback.

FRANK

Hi Frank, thanks for the feedback. What exactly made you feel overwhelmed? The number of posts? The lack of categories? Other?

Oh yes! Not to feel intimidated by lack of experience or those who are far more experienced. This atmosphere might lead to Noobs to be validated and have something of significance to even the most advanced forum members. We’re never to old to learn.

1 Like

LOL…BOTH… I don’t have any specific “solutions.” But tightening up the categories might make it easier to follow the posts in that category. Don’t worry…I’m hanging in there.One thing,I would like to see any answer to my post or anyone’s post as sort of a subcategory to the original post. It seems right now that the posts just add up as they are posted and there is a lack of connectivity.

Frank

I have really enjoyed the atmosphere on here the past few weeks. You guys have certainty built a very nice community. The site is very clean and it flows very well. I really like how it tracks what you have an haven;t read so I can always stay up to date on which posts I need to read up on.

Some things I think may help:

1. Can we get more reaction buttons other than :heart:? I’d love to :laughing: or :star_struck: or :heart_eyes: a post without having to craft a full reply. This would be good if I do not want to comment on a post, but would like the original poster to know that I have seen the post and what my reaction is.
  2. When replying in a thread, is there a way to reply to more than one post in a single comment? I know that quoting is a good way to separate posts, but I would like for multiple people to be notified that I have responded to their comment without muddying a thread with multiple comments of my own.
  3. When a moderator edits my posts, I’m not sure how to tell what was modified? Maybe this is just a me thing…

Overall I LOVE the site and have already found so much knowledge and community.

1 Like

UI is beautiful, People are nice and positive, Forum is friendly to people who have little knowledge and vast knowledge,

Honestly that makes it unlike any other headphone forum Ive been on, I like it here.

3 Likes

I enjoy reading what my fellow headphone lovers think. It spurred me into upgrading to a air of B&Ws which sound superb to me.:headphones::headphones::headphones::headphones:

1 Like