Rosson Audio - RAD-0 - Official Thread

Sorry for the delay! Here you go:

@TylersEclectic - First off, drool. Second, I know you have experience with the Pendant. How does this new Rosson collab compare? I love my Rad-0 so much I’d be willing to flip my Pendant for this one if it’s a better pairing with the Rads.

8 Likes

It is similar… but with more “weight” especially with the KT88s on the amp. More engaging and leans more towards a “wet” tube sound than the neutral Pendant =) it is one of my top pairings for sure… I even like it more than with my VO/VC… I know right!!! ha :wink:

4 Likes

Anyone try using a Co-Pilot on the Rads for better weight distribution? I havent been through the whole thread but these are interesting me the more I look in to them.

5 Likes

Bad picture but good setup lol

11 Likes

9 Likes

For those with RAD-0 and certain ampsandsound/ZMF Pendant amps, what input tube do you use: 12AX7, 5751, 12AT7, 12AU7, 6SL7, 6SN7? I’m preparing for a demo next week.

3 Likes

I’ll try in a bit and let you know!

3 Likes

Say hi to Alex and team for me! Super chill group of people!!

4 Likes

Will do, I won’t hesitate to name drop!! They’ve been really cool to deal with so far.

4 Likes

Cool. Im wondering if that little nugget on the band will prevent it from latching on.

2 Likes

Definitely say hi to them for me as well! They should hopefully remember me from all our back and forth on my Basquiat “Trumpet” customization process haha. Excited for you, that should be a great experience.

Regarding tubes, I’m using a Mazda silver-plated 12AX7, a Raytheon 12AX7 and a Raytheon windmill getter 5751. I’m still trying to learn tubes and their differences, but I had read good things about all of those, but YMMV.

3 Likes

That’s one heck of a customization choice.

1 Like

Holy Scooby snacks those are cool.

2 Likes

Will do and thanks! Your Basquiat Trumpet custom design is very distinct so I’m pretty sure they’ll remember you!

I was leaning toward trying higher gain 5751 and 12AX7 tubes first for these planars, so your feedback lines up with that. I don’t presently own planars and use lower gain 12AU7 with my high sensitivity dynamic driver ZMF and Senn headphones.

3 Likes

Using 6SL7 with the one I have in the office right now. Running it off 8 ohm tap. Really fun combo. I do really enjoy the RAD-0 off SS amps though so I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s better off the tubes, just a different flavour of something that was already great.

5 Likes

Cool, looking forward to trying that and comparing to SS. I usually prefer high sensitivity dynamic driver headphones with tube amps, but am open minded to a RAD-0 SS pairing. I’ll find out next week!

3 Likes

It fits! This is the copilot design… I’ll check the pilot design next…but honestly the cushion on the headband makes it kind of pointless… as it still is the only point that hits your head so you don’t get the benefit of a wider headband.

6 Likes

Thanks. I got the copilot. If it’s pointless for them then no issue either way.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

I stole something from Tyler for good until it’s asked back for at RAD and let’s just say I’m absolutely shook.

15 Likes

Yep, welcome to the RADical Club

3 Likes