Schiit Audio - Official Thread

I did! Yes, for Schiit’s sake I should point that out. The Asgard runs hot, but not that hot.

3 Likes

He actually had to take the pan off the top of the Asgard 2 before it melted.

7 Likes

I saw the post by @MokhaMark about his receiving the Asgard 2 amp, which reminded me to tell you all that I decided to go the Bifrost 2-Asgard 3 route for my Stellias. I could to be happier with the result! Thanks again for all the input.

9 Likes

Great choice and great system. Enjoy

3 Likes

My eyes focused directly on that Ovation.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

You might want to check into getting a component fan. AC Infinity makes some reasonably priced component fans. I have several.

https://www.acinfinity.com/receiver-amp-cooling-fans/

4 Likes

I like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Sorbothane-No-Stain-Hemisphere-Non-skid-Adhesive/dp/B005I5PMC8

4 Likes

By accident, I use these. I had extra kicking around and they work perfectly

https://www.amazon.com/OHill-Organizer-Management-Organizing-Adhesive/dp/B071FXZBMV/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=wire+organizer&qid=1614865641&s=hi&sr=1-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzUjRVT1E5V0JXRDEzJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzg3MjcxMkU0N1BIUk5WUTQyMSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDM0NTA0MUJIUFEwQTJKQUlKMCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

3 Likes

I am going to take some measurements today with the Asgard on and off. The BF2 itself gets warm so I am not sure how much warmer the Asgard is making it…

1 Like

I use an S6 component fan with my GSX-mini. The fan only spons when the heat builds up. A light comes on when it is spinning. It will then slow or stop depending on heat.

I have several T8 component fans for full width components.

1 Like

Bifrost is supposed to stay warm, you know. Its internals work best at a constant temperature, so it’s best to just leave it on all the time unless you know you’re not going to be using it for an extended period (like when you’re away on vacation, etc).

Nice schiit you got there. :+1:

6 Likes

Hi @chrisnyc75, thanks for the tip. I leave all my SS stuff on. But I rearranged the stack because the BF2 on its own was about 88 degrees (measured at the logo) but over 100 degrees with the Asgard 2 on top and the Asgard was 118! HOT! Sounds so good though…I just don’t want to stress the BF2 with years of having an oven sitting on it.

4 Likes

Ah, yeah. I have a BF2 & Valhalla 2, and for that very reason they are definitely NOT stacked. The Valhalla would positively BAKE the Bifrost. I would have to start calling a Defrost. :microphone: :arrow_down: :wink:

6 Likes

Ha! Interesting how many folks here have the BF2. I just got mine this week and love it.

Happy listening.

8 Likes

I’ve got the BF2 and MJ. When I start the MJ, there is always a pop, not real loud but loud enough, I leave the headphones on the stand and I can hear the pop from the headphones. Do anyone else notice this, is this normal with tubes? (hybrids) Once it farts and gets it out of it’s system, I don’t hear it again till I turn it off, sits and then the next time I turn it on.

Generally with tubes you don’t have to let the headphones connected when you turn on and off the amp in order to avoid the problem you pointed out.

so you disconnect your headphones after you turn off your amp every time?

I disconnect the headphones before I turn on and off my tube amps every single time.

5 Likes

Thank you. New to this of course. I’ll make this a habit of this process.

2 Likes

MJ2 should be muting the output for the first 30 sec, and has a regulated output. A popping sound from the headphones when you turn it on might be an in rush of power, and nothing of the sort should be audible in the first 30 sec.

I would contact Schiit tech support to confirm, and obtain advice.

5 Likes