Schiit Mjolnir 3

Has anyone compared the MJ3 to the RebelAmp? The MJ3 strikes me as the balanced upgrade to the Rebel, as both are overbuilt quality-oriented Class A amps. Schiit may have gotten the idea from Rebel and then endeavored to beat Rebel in offering a balanced model.

4 Likes

No, but if @Nimzerz still has his RebelAmp and Schiit ships the MJ3 I ordered, we can arrange a listening test for those in the Greater Seattle area.

Regards,
Vic

7 Likes

The next ship date has now been moved to 30 Nov. Well Schiit…

3 Likes

I saw that, now I’m waiting for an email from them letting me know the ship date will be pushed - they sent one after it changes from November 1 to November 20.

Regards,
Vic

2 Likes

Boo, I was looking forward to your pictures and thoughts!

I hope you take one of MJ1 and MJ3 together too. :smile:

3 Likes

how did you connect the mj to the yggy

1 Like

Had an experience plugging in the Susvara on the MJ3 and was in awe on how good it drove it. It was able to sustain very nuanced details that gets lost when susvara isn’t being driven properly. The depth perception is pretty nice as well albeit not as precise as other amps far more than its asking price. It makes the Bliss and Oor and the Prelude a run for their money IMHO

6 Likes

I have them connected through the balanced XLR connections.

5 Likes

This is definitely the best method. Balanced in and out gives the best performance imo.

5 Likes

Thanks. Did you use schiit’s connectors?

No problem. They’re directly connected between the Yggy and MJ3.

If you’re talking about cables, I’m using interconnects I made myself. Sorry if I’m misunderstanding your question.

I’d be happy to do that, I was just reading about the MJ3 and I’m very curious how it compares/how it sounds, especially with my Caldera.

2 Likes

Sounds good! I’m still waiting for a shipping notice as the date was pushed out again (first from Nov 1 to Nov 20, then from Nov 20 to Nov 30).

Regards,
Vic

2 Likes

Happy cake day Vic!

Too bad you had to wait some more. Good things come to those who wait! (So they say) :smile:

5 Likes

Happy Cake Day Vic!!!

3 Likes

Well cool. Looks like they gonna ship. Unfortunately Ill be out of town for 2 weeks so they’ll have to wait to ship mine. Should get it by the 15th. It will arrive with a bifrost 2/64. Very excited to hear with the LCD-5.

5 Likes

I used a Bifrost 2/64 with mine for a while. A very nice pairing!

1 Like

Happy xiaoyaoyou anniversary!
:cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

6 Likes

Happy cake day @xiaoyaoyou !!

3 Likes

Thanks everybody!

The MJ3 product page says “Ships 3-5 days” but my order status is still “Order Status: Mjolnir 3 SLV 115 (in production).”

Either way, it’ll be added to the Gumby x MJ1 x FV space heater stack until I get new cables and split it into two.

Regards,
Vic

8 Likes