Schitt Modius

Agreed. I’ve had mine for a few weeks now and plan to do a comparison write-up on it soon in the Modius thread; I’ll be directly comparing it to the JDS EL DAC.

5 Likes

oooh I still have and liked EL DAC Gen 1

But I’m really enjoying modius atm, I did get the full Loxjie suite upgrades and all and I’m digging it with Moduis and HD 600 on a ZMF Atoms Copper

1 Like

Very cool! What’s does the Loxjie upgrade entail?

The GE 5670W Tubes and the iFi 12v PSU,

The ship date for Modius was in error according to Jason and its been corrected. The ship date is now Aug 7th!!

2 Likes

Boooo bad example lol, Mustangs are horridly boring American Muscle

Go Vette!

An yea so far I’m pretty impressed with Modius, when the Amp for 009 arrives I’ll plug see how RME ADi 2 and Modius compare

1 Like

'Twas looking at the price gap. $200 → $1,100. Vette isn’t as dramatic.

Mine arrived the other day, but still waiting on Aeolus (and a amp) to decide on it. So far seems fine. Cant complain for price.

1 Like

Also watched Z Reviews video on it. Honestly, I don’t give a flying fuck what type of USB they use. I used the stock one, into PC, done. Black background, worked instantly, and I’m not handling it, so can’t see any issue.

3 Likes

Yea yea I know I was picking at you, also 2nd hand Vette is same price as new Stang ;3

Also @BuffaloWing I’m happy to hear it just worked with USB! I may try it with my Tab S4 and see if it’ll stream bit-perfect Qobuz here shortly

Considering my D50S and DX7 Pro both needed to mains powered, then have the USB cable into a couple of those iFi USB re-do-dads before it was silent, can’t complain.

Why? Do you hate yourself? Stop the abuse. Watch betterer things.

5 Likes

I ran out of my meds, not thinking straight

6 Likes

You’re out of whiskey?!???! Omg, go get more. Go now. Don’t stop at red lights

3 Likes

I can’t drive drunk.

Dammit. Grammar.

I can’t drive drunk? Can I?

2 Likes

No!! dont do that!! We want you around to chide from time to time!!

lol
Alex

2 Likes

Your instincts are probably right! Schiit didn’t deny the above when I asked, but did say it’s unlikely that the Mimby will get Unison USB due to space. They also said that it’s unlikely that the Asgard 3 will get the AD5781 DAC module that is available on the Bifrost 2 - cost related.

Your table is quite helpful! If one could dream, there would be a column for the USB interface, e.g., Unison USB. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. That was just a wild guess though.

It’s weird I can’t edit a reasonably older post. I was about to send that table to you. But one can easily recreate it with markdown syntax. This online composer may help.

Cheers.

1 Like

It’s a reasonable guess and makes sense. They’re probably being careful not to cannibalize the Bifrost 2 (price and features).

Appreciate you attempting to update the table. Thanks for the online composer link. Cheers.

1 Like