Sennheiser - Official Thread

Happy Cake Day @SenyorC

3 Likes

Thank you @generic!!

3 Likes

I had really hoped the price would be lower, and that it would be more similar to the HD800 with SDR mod but for $799-$899 or so. Could this mean Sennheiser is dumping their HD 800S stock in preparation to either sell the company OR let drop take over marketing and distribution for the 800 while they prepare for a new flagship?

Thatā€™s the (non) point with HD8XX.
Why should I get a lower end headphone waiting 9/10 months when I can have the original one for less today and have it tomorrow?
Suicidal tendencies definitely in Sennheiser headquarters.

3 Likes

Arenā€™t they made in Romania now?

1 Like

305 pairs sold! Thatā€¦ is not a lot.

$335,000 in 5 hours.

2 Likes

Which would be cool, if it were profit. But itā€™s not.

Tying up $1,100 for a luxury product to be received in 9 months during a pandemicā€¦still 29 days before the sales period endsā€¦many are not aware yetā€¦

5 Likes

No argument.

(Although, I sent more than that to zmfā€¦ how long is that waitlist again?]

1 Like

But, that blue ring!

1 Like

Some of its profit. And that can be invested for 9 months before they deliver anything. Depends on what the market does over the next 9 mos (or longer knowing drop). And itā€™s mostly old tech so the R&D costs and overhead are minimal.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the process of building my own headphones, and this change looks exactly like what happens when you reduce rear damping. More bass, less 2KHz.

4 Likes

Very very likely. Heil, Vlad the Impaler.

At least my HD600 is from there.

1 Like

Yeah, the new 600 and 650s are. Iā€™m sure the 660s are too. Havenā€™t looked to see if the hd800S is or notā€¦

1 Like

The latter is still aus :de:

1 Like

Glad I came here to check before ordering. Time to find someone in Europe to mail me the HD800S if itā€™s that much cheaper there.

1 Like

ā‚¬829?? Wow thats awesome! Please share the link to buy a new HD800 at that low kind of price.

1 Like

It seems that the link has been taken down since yesterday, sorry.

Anyway you can find a new HD800s for euro 1188/1195 in Europe. Not the same deal you pointed out but still a good deal for a Sennheiser non rebranded product new and ready to ship.

1 Like