SOLD: SPL Phonitor X (w/ DAC module) Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp - Black - $1,795

Price: $1,795
Currency: USD
Ships to: USA

Selling my SPL Phonitor X (w/ DAC192 module) headphone and pre-amplifier. I used this as my primary solid-state headphone amplifier both for reviews/comparisons (my review of this unit can be found here) and listening for pleasure.

Selling because 95% of my listening time is either via the SR1a or my tube amplifier, I don’t do reviews anymore, and I am consolidating gear ahead of extensive/prolonged travel.

Functions perfectly.

Cosmetically, two of the labels on the front-panel show some wear (common to this model), as shown below (see near the power and output switches) – but otherwise looks like new with no scratches, dings or dents. This picture shows a blanking plug installed in the ¼” TRS socket, but that just pulls out.

I’m the original owner. It’s been kept in a pet, child, smoke, cologne and virus-free home. Will ship in its original packaging.

Price includes PayPal fees and fully insured shipping.

Not looking for trades. Must have appropriate participation/trader feedback. Discount for cash-sale with local pick-up.

9 Likes

so the decision was made =)
I’m on the fence about moving mine along as well… but man do I like the thing for its clean solid state experience.

2 Likes

Yeah … and one of the hardest decisions I’ve made when it comes to my audio gear. I’m still a big fan of the thing, love the aesthetics, love the functionality, and still haven’t heard a better solid-state amplifier.

Logistics of a multi-year world-tour mean I can’t, practically, keep and use everything … so it’s a case of pairing down to the stuff that gets near-constant use and I can justify carting all over the world …

4 Likes

yeah… I’m looking at my current gear as well and thinking about what I should move along… get some real estate back on my desk…

2 Likes

What a nice deal for someone. GLWS

1 Like

Must … not … buy …

2 Likes

The correct answer is, I’ll get an audio rack to sit next to my desk…

:laughing:

5 Likes

49uu6w

9 Likes

Highly tempting especially where this sits at the top of your Sailing Away Top 10 SS amp list.

6 Likes

This is now sold.

Only audio-thing(s) I had a harder time letting go of was my Yggdrasil … and maybe my original LP12 (nearly 30 years ago) …

Still my favorite solid-state headphone amp …

2 Likes

May it find a worthy home.

1 Like