Spirit Torino Headphones

That’s my man :heart::beers:

Always there to help =)

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Hello @Lacaff. Thanks for the help. Will contact you via PM. :blush::+1:

1 Like

I wish you all the best in this endeavour Tom. It can’t be an easy thing to do in the current climate. Good luck.

4 Likes

Thank you Paul. Well. Mobile Hifi seems to get a boost by people working from home. At least that’s what manufacturers and distributors say. In Switzerland it’s a niche though. I will start with an online store due to covid and to keep cost down but I do intend offer the best service in Switzerland. People can test gear at home and I give them advice. We’ll see… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Anyone else have experience with Spirit Torino headphones? Would be nice to have your opinion. :+1::wink:

1 Like

I guess I will be travelling through Switzerland more…

2 Likes

Shop is online. :wink::sweat_smile: You’re welcome to visit

2 Likes

@Tom_Ato did you ever get to demo the valkyria?

I did. I have a demo with me. Most incredible headphone I have heard so far.

2 Likes

Mind if I ask what your frame of reference is for cans? Tbh they sound extremely tempting to me but idk how I would even possibly go about demoing one

bump… did the reviewer(Tom) ever get a chance to listen/review the Valkyria? This is perhaps the set of HPs that alludes me makes me scratch my head and I’m dying to hear it. I want to figure out if it’s snake oil or as great as the headfi owners make it out to be. TBH the posts/reviews always seem super sketch and pricing on this is clearly not transparent with a huge list/msrp and then tales of people getting massive discounts but nobody discloses the price the paid.

2 Likes

The Valkyria is the best headphone I personally have ever heard. It can replace a high end home Hifi system. It’s very expensive but so is a sports car or a high end watch or carbon race bike.

It’s all relative. If you are a bike nut, you don’t think twice about getting that 6kg race bike because you will utilize it to your pleasure.

If you love music and happen to be an audiophile, spending the money on something that brings you joy makes sense to you.

I can only recommend to try the Valkyria if you can.

8 Likes

A few follow-up questions:

When you say it’s the best headphone you have heard can you elaborate what areas of sound quality stand out int he Valkyria?

How you heard or spent time with other TOTL HPs (Sus/1266 Phi TC/Utopia)? If so what areas do the Valkyria stand out in contrast and perhaps which areas do they struggle in relative manner?

1 Like

That is a very good question! I did try Susvara and 1266 Phi at a customers house with his dCS Bartok.
And we both compared to Valkyria.

I actually made a blog about this session:

[More is (almost) not possible - High End Headphone Battle – Audio Essence](https://audioessence.ch/en/blogs/news/montag-morgen-high-end-shootout)

I mention that Susvara and Utopia were put aside quickly. In the case of Susvara it was the fact that I was shocked by the very bad build quality. Sound wise the strength of Susvara is its mid section. Vocals are excellent. But every other frequency is simply subpar to the other TOTL headphones. Also, it is not very coherent. As for the Utopia, it has excellent detail but lacks in bass/subbass foundation and can be a bit sharp. But really, that is simply my personal opinion.

As I prefer natural “live-like” sound, the Valk is my favourite. The Diana Phi is a bass monster with incredible detail to boot but it came across as a bit artificial in the treble and midrange. Almost clinical in my ears.

4 Likes

Thread bump… still fixated on these for some reason. Perhaps their price and rarity but also the design choices. Then somebody says well they are a fancy grado and my stomach sinks.

1 Like

Following this thread for future reference.

I got to try them during CanJam NYC. Some of the most beautiful designs I have ever seen put on a headphone, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

This is exactly where i am. The marketinf sround it seems sketchy just to be honest, but two people i trust (the only two i personaly know that have heardbit) all sorts of raved about it so now im mega currious

What did you think about comfort? Balance during wearing?

No issues. They were very comfortable and perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

3 Likes