The Anime Thread

Might be my anime of the year. I know you’re high on Fruits but apparently I havent seen it.

This is also a very atmospheric anime, so binge watching would help maintain that.

Ive almost started this one numerous times.

1 Like

Well said. :joy:
I wouldn’t include sequels though in anime of the year.

What do you mean? Wasn’t feeling it then?

1 Like

I think I just didnt know what to make of it. When I was scoping it out I hadn’t fully realized my love for slice of life anime. Plus I think I heard it was sad, might be wrong as I could be mixing that up with another one. I just never decided to give it a shot.

I think I’m going to go back and finish or start known series. Very little is standing out this season outside of Blue Period and hopefully Komi. Takt is fine but something about it just doesnt capture my interest.

1 Like

There are some sad parts but overall it’s meant to have a wholesome and nostalgic feeling. My only complaint was that it was too short a series. Wished it was 2 seasons or 24eps long.

Yeh, get high on them Fruits. :grapes::basket:

I agree with that. It’s missing that something.

1 Like

Just finished Berserk today. Digged this one. Amazing how butchery was turned into Pop-butchery. Hope there will be a S3.

1 Like

Great. Will start the Mob Psycho (Killer Qu’est-ce que c’est / Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-far better) one. Had the 2nd saved in my watchlist for a while. Only dubbed though. Is this correct? I tend to prefer the original voice and read the subs instead.

Thanks!

1 Like

I watched Konosuba subbed via crunchyroll.

1 Like

I’m roughly 30-40 episodes behind on Boruto (on purpose). Tonight I made a stupid mistake to click on a YT video and in my timeline now there’s Naruto all over the place.

@hifiDJ, I wanted to ask you though… What do you think on the clip below? Execution, effects, etc?

PS.: Yeah, spoiler is inevitable above. The coolest thing in Boruto – in my view – is that the main characters back from Naruto (2002) are still alive and kickin’ in Boruto as of today.

Cheers.

1 Like

Funny story. I’m actually subscribed to the crunchyroll yt channel and when I watched this clip I thought the fight was pretty good, so I went straight to crunchy and only watched this episode alone. :joy:

Anyway, I thought it was a good fight. It was smooth and seamless but it definitely isn’t the best I’ve seen personally. I recall down in the comments section that the fight had many references to sasuke and naruto’s fight so I can definitely see that being more impactful to long time fans. Overall it was solid but nothing extraordinary.

1 Like

Yeah. I look forward in resuming Boruto. Just waiting to stack a bunch of more episodes and tackle them at once.

Absolutely. The Naruto saga has a fight styling which is what we see in the clip. I remember having times where they switched gears towards something else (maybe another studio?)… But yeah, clip above is very Narutish fight-wise.

What amazes me in Naruto is that the protagonists keep getting more and more power, as if they were not already powerful enough. It seems we have a new Dragon Ball Z in that sense. :joy:

Cheers.

1 Like

Roughly 2 months then? Yeeey!!!

No spoilers please. Haven’t read the manga. :grin:

2 Likes

EVERYONE DIES, or not.

2 Likes

Can confirm. At least one person has died in this anime. :wink:

2 Likes

Pinging @perogie!!!

1 Like

APPLAUSE!!!
APPLAUSE!!!

I very much like that one.

1 Like

Im contemplating reading the manga for it.

1 Like

Gets a thumbs-up :+1: from me.

1 Like

*inhales…salmon roe…

2 Likes

I saw this clip this week. It felt like a prequel of S1 to me.

1 Like

Yeah it is. It’s the movie about the senpai (yuta) of the 2nd year gang (maki, panda, and toge). You’ll also get some backstory of the main antagonist (of the current season).

2 Likes