The Anime Thread

Cool. I think it is a prequel/side story. Might tie in to the next season.

1 Like

Oh forgot to add the manga is ending soon as well if youā€™re interested. Though thereā€™s one big thing that kind of makes it empty. Canā€™t say, otherwise itā€™d be a spoiler.

1 Like

Started Ranking of kings finally. It has a very adorable and cutesy (kiddy) approach in its art-style but overlaid with some serious tones and mature themes. 1st ep got me hooked and this is one that is a must-watch this season from what I can tell.

1 Like

Really? I was put off by the art style so I glanced over it. Book - Cover mistake perhaps??

To the watchlist!!!

The only new shows I am kind of watching right now are that Greatest Assassin show (why? dont know). That one on funimation where the main character can see ghosts Mieruko-Chan is something of interest but Im not that into horror anime so Im surprised I have a little tickle to watch it. Blue Period on Netflix and Im letting Komi build up some episodes.

Blue Period lost a bit of its early impact but still quality.

Im slowly making my way to watching Fruits.

1 Like

You and I have watched enough to know not to judge an anime by its cover (ie. made in abyss). Just watch the 1st ep and see if you like it.

I started watching and finished 2 eps. I feel it doesnā€™t do the manga justice. But itā€™s still early and these types of shows tend to build up over time anyway. The manga thoughā€¦you gotta read it!

I find the anime still a bit odd compared to the manga. I donā€™t think itā€™s hitting the right notes. Itā€™s not bad though just more on the average side.

:grapes::cherries::apple::basket: By the end of the year, letā€™s go!!!

takt.op hasnā€™t really improved anything yetā€¦kind of lost its touch.

That latest one punch chapter was great; hilarious.

Iā€™m looking forward to this weekā€™s Rental chapter. Is he finally going to do it?! Doubt itā€¦

I already know what my anime of the year is.
Iā€™m sure you can guess cause itā€™s the only title that starts with a number. lol

1 Like

Not entirely anime but who has watched all seasons of the Star Wars Clone Wars and Bad Batch?

Now about anime, what about Star Wars Visions? The first story is so badass!!
Anime Star Wars!! Hell yea!! I hope they do more seasons.

4 Likes

Havenā€™t watched bad batch yet but finished clone wars already. That fight scene with maul vs ahsoka was :ok_hand:. Iā€™d put it up there with the Castlevania fight scene.

I have 2 eps left and itā€™s definitely a nice watch seeing all these different anime studios flex their muscles.

2 Likes

Actually it might be a tearjerker of an anime just fyi (just finished the 2nd ep :cry:)ā€¦

1 Like

I just watched the first ep. Gonna watch #2.

Animation is quite good for its style, not sure what threw me off.

EDIT: Wit made this, didnt know they were involved

1 Like

I like Ranking of Kings. Its doing some nice world building, has layered character development with actually interesting characters. This is a show that very easily could be very annoying, if you know what I mean, with some of the character tropes but they manage to anchor everything together nicely.

I binged all available episodes.

1 Like

Ha! Same, it was honestly a nice change of pace with all the isekai stuff this year. Not to mention you donā€™t always get a main protagonist thatā€™s both deaf and mute which I found to be interesting. Iā€™m looking forward to where thisā€™ll go as more eps pass. I definitely think itā€™s worth the watch, though the brotherā€™s VA is tripping me up (since itā€™s Eren from aotā€¦how ironic since both characters share similar traits).

1 Like

Agreed. This one has grabbed my interest more than a lot of the stuff Ive seen recently.

I need to catch up on 86, try Komi again, watch the I can see dead people anime and maybe I can squeeze Fruits in there.

1 Like

Looks like fun. Manga looks well-received. Will read it before the anime airsā€¦

2 Likes

Made in abyss s2!!! :grimacing:ā€¦

2 Likes

Have you seen the movie? Do I need to track it down you think to watch S2?

I don think it ever came to a streaming service. It could be on Prime right now, I should check.

EDIT: thereā€™s a longer EP13 that Prime says I didnt watch but I think I did, but no obvious movie.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve seen it. I donā€™t think itā€™s necessary for you to watch s2. I mean, there are a few plot points that carry over but nothing huge. The movie turned into more of a shounen piece than anything; still enjoyable though. But I donā€™t see any reason not to watch it if you like made in abyss, especially when itā€™s not that hard to watch. You can easily watch it on hidive (the less popular streaming service) which should be available in your region if I recall.

The other 2 movies are just recaps btw, so no need to watch.

The last episode is basically 2 eps into one; not a movie.

Update: read a few chapters of spy x family and, yeah, I like it! Itā€™s fun and the character dynamics b/w them are solid.

Thereā€™s a hulu Black Friday deal ($1/mo) so I shall catch up with Boruto shortly. Iā€™ll probably watch all the AoT seasons once again before the S4 part 2 kicks in as well.

Just finished S1 of Clone Wars and youā€™re the one to blame.

Cheers. :beers:

2 Likes

Give it a few more seasons if you are not sold yet. The first two seasons are really geared towards a younger audience in the overall story arc but as the seasons go on it gets up to Bad Batch show quality with better writing and more of a all audience style. Watching season 7 & Bad Batch season 1 is worth it all! It just takes a bit to get its stride, still liked the first two seasons but be ready for the quality to amass going on.

If you get bored try going straight to Bad Batch season 1. Not a bad starting off point. Great writing from Dave Filoni (he also wrote all of season 7 of clone wars too.)

2 Likes

I actually liked S1. Iā€™ll just need more time to get to the other seasons. In parallel, I was also watching Mandalorian. I was surprised when Ahsoka was mentioned on it.

Itā€™s amazing how theyā€™re still squeezing this franchise and still keep getting juice out of it. haha

1 Like