The Off Topic

I ended up getting a GMMK White Ice (see post below). If you are interested in the same keyboard, I recommend getting the white one because for some reason, it has a few upgrades that they haven’t included in the black model. I’m guessing that have a large inventory of the black keyboards that they want to get rid of before they start selling the upgraded version.

I’m also not a gamer, and I like it for typing. The keyboard comes with Gateron Brown switches, which I think are close to the Topre 45g. The browns are fine, but I’m a firm (lead fingered) typist, and I think I would prefer a “heavier” switch than brown, so I also ordered some Glorious Panda switches, which I’ll try out next week. The advantage of the GMMK keyboard over the one in your link is that it’s hot swappable, so I can easily change the switches without a soldering iron.

As you can see in the picture in my post, the LED strength is very good - very bright in the dark, and bright enough to color the keys if the room lights are on. The keys are ABS double injection, which is good enough for me now, and easily changed in the future. I actually canceled an order of replacement keycaps because I like the look of the stock ones, with the LEDs shining through the letters.

2 Likes