The Off Topic

Thanks for the pointer. This led me to the YouTube videos by GoldenSound and the Headphone Show, and I note lots of likes rising in the thousands on both. DCS has apparently excellent aim, and has placed its own foot directly in the crosshairs.

Of course I only followed the link because I thought of DCL, not DCS, DCL being Data Conversion Labs, a company I’ve worked with in the past, converting scientific, technical, and medical publications into SGML or XML, and I couldn’t figure out what a tiny New York company in publications was doing with audio…

2 Likes

I watched the @Goldensound comments, the Headphone Show episode with @andrew’s intro, and then the old Bartok review at issue.

So, it’s limp and lifeless and has no bite with genres that should have bite. No shocker. That applies to easily 1/3rd of the $$$$$$$$$$ ‘audiophile’ systems one encounters at an audio show. I’ve personally noticed that some limp systems use dCS products. @GoldenSound spent most of his review addressing his personal taste, and said many positive things about the build and design. I was amazed that they focused on technical “errors” in their communication.

Get a Bartok for Grado, Beyerdynamic, and the Utopia. Or use an EQ on the treble for the same effect.

Indeed. This is a textbook example of the Streisand Effect in action. I’d guess that dCS sales are suffering per @GoldenSound’s massive influence on the negative perception of MQA.

2 Likes

I just watched Andrew’s video, and then @GoldenSound’s. Wow, what a crock of shit from DCS. It makes me want to email their customer relations and tell them (and John whoever) how off base they are, and that it really turns me off as a potential customer towards them as a company.

Truthfully their products are out of my price bracket, but if I were ever on the fence regarding purchasing anything from DCS I would take a hard pass now.

Threats and intimidation towards an individual who is not making knowingly false or misleading statements, and who in fact who can factually back up his findings is really outrageous. Fuck DCS and the horse they rode in on! Rant over, sorry! I really feel bad for Cameron, and the prospect of being individually sued by a corporation is indeed frightening… :unamused:

3 Likes

How to nuke any positive image within a few hours and cause more damage to your company then one review ever could

In all seriousness tho. Disgusting behavior from dCs. And as the Headphones CEO pointed out, it can set a really dangerous legal precedent. This entire situation feels like a bad joke, but unfortunately it isn’t.

Canjam London is going to be akward given they are one of the main sponsors…

3 Likes

Click and Clack were such great fun… lots of good info, too.

2 Likes

Mike

6 Likes

Ooooh, I’ve been known to do that! (rare, but it has happened, I’m told there is photographic proof)

3 Likes

That pen looks really nice!

2 Likes

even looking at the joke made me flinch from the imaginary noise <.<

4 Likes

rod27

4 Likes

Mike

3 Likes

This is a good one

Mike

3 Likes

2 Likes

me being 4 coffees deep and it barely was 11am

2 Likes

Cicadas around the house measuring 77-84 db this evening. What are your measurements?

2 Likes

We don’t have August cicadas around here. We have flying foxes. Ours screech at 99.9 dB and will suck your blood if you don’t keep one eye on 'em.

6 Likes

Do they have a preference for blood type? RH Negative perhaps? Do they lick pink frogs?

3 Likes

flying puppies :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

3 Likes

It’s not my imagination. Cicadas a couple of db louder tonight. Topped out at 85.4 db under the pin oak. averaged almost 81 db. Music by Cicada Steamroller here in Pennsylvania.

2 Likes