The WATCH Thread

This guy might be my new favorite :heart_eyes:.

9 Likes

Nice watch @bigshel99,

I ran out of “likes” so I can’t like your post yet.

4 Likes

This happens to me on the regular :joy: I’m a liking kind of guy lol

4 Likes

That’s is a nice watch.

I can relate to @jb77. I run out of ‘likes’ all the time!

3 Likes

very nice Sheldon - this is long time on my list … if I was forced more often into a suit … first shot!

3 Likes

Never happens to me. :joy::rofl:

4 Likes

Oh man I didn’t realize we were doing watches up in here. I’m still fairly new and building up the collection, but here are a couple of my favorites at the moment:

Dan Henry 1964 panda dial on beads of rice bracelet

I also have some cheap Chinese stuff that I found a really good purpose for. I’m still figuring out my preferences like sizing, style, bands, dial color, etc. and what works on my wrist. So before spending $1k+ on a famous heritage brand, I like that these cheap Chinese watches can approximate the real thing and give me an affordable way of “test driving” what that would potentially be like and if I really want to pursue a grail watch.

Here is my Chinese knockoff of a Bauhaus/Nomos, total cost including nato strap was like $25:

8 Likes

The Dan Henry on the beads of rice bracelet looks fab!

2 Likes

This is a phantom watch that didn’t happen…I’m a rule breaking bad-boy who lives life on the edge and who also constantly sends @Torq bothersome private messages! Constantly!

It’s an Orient Bambino 2 automatic with a cream face and shadow over the “14”:

10 Likes

Nice! I’ve been eyeing that Dan Henry

3 Likes

Love the Bambino. Orient makes some really nice watches.

I also really like the Mako line

12 Likes

Thanks! It’s probably my favorite in my modest collection right now. I like that Dan Henry isn’t a straight homage, but more of a mix of blended inspirations. I eventually want an auto chronograph, but for now I didn’t have the funds so DH has a lot of reasonably priced options. I’m still eyeing the 1962 as well. But the size and bezel of the 1964 work really well for my smaller wrist and the domed glass is so damn mesmerizing. I really don’t have anything bad to say about it and was really surprised just how much I like it.

4 Likes

This is my Omega Constellation Chronograph. The interesting thing about this watch is that it has a Frederic Piguet Mecaqaurtz movement, which is a hybrid that joins a quartz-regulated timekeeping engine and a mechanical chronograph module. The quartz section moves at 1hz (one tick per second) while the mechanical chronograph (hand positioned at 12) sweeps at 16hz (1/16th of a second intervals).

11 Likes

Very nice.

I’ve always said if I ever bought a ‘proper’ chronograph, it would be an Omega.

1 Like

In 2013 Omega came out with anti-magnetic movements that are 15,000 + gauss resistant. One of the most common reasons people bring their mechanical watches in for servicing is because of loss of accuracy due to magnetic resistance, although 15,000 gauss is definite overkill. Their Co-Axial Master Chronometer Chronograph movements are anti-magnetic (have nonferrous metal parts) are very nice and very accurate.

2 Likes

Their are some real beauties in the coaxial line.

1 Like

Took some snaps of my watch. Point and shoot camera, so could be better. Plus it’s running. Someday I’ll buy a new camera… I don’t have a big watch collection. Grandpa left me one like this, and it was gifted to me when I was 13. Had it until the 1980s, when it got stolen. Found another, this is just like the one Grandpa got me.

12 Likes

Yeah give me a blade thread and I will play! @generic @MartinTransporter

I used to collect watches but honestly after I started riding motorcycles several years ago I stopped wearing them as much and sold off most of them.

Then of course life changes again and I stopped riding motorcycles A few years back as my wife and I were planning on having a family. I still have a couple watches left but really the only one that gets used is my Apple Watch.

I do have some pretty dope rings from Bill Wahl, Tony Creed, a custom heaven and hell leather wallet with silver chain and a few other hand made rings but those will likely get sold off or traded very soon as well as I don’t ride anymore and and I just don’t wear jewelry much anymore. Funny how things change when you get married and have a kid!

5 Likes

we both also used to ride motorcycles
Triumph Speed Triple (955i) - my love, Yamaha 1000 Fazer and Honda 900 Hornet… some scooters - started with 16 on an old Piaggio we crazily modded with friends as my first buddy died in a crash
Still have an old Honda Monkey in cherry red for fun and for the outback - gets serviced and waits in the garage.

after another good friend died in a crash with 27 years, my wife and I decided to quit riding

good for you to stop this dangerous hobby! - you can be the best driver in the world… there are idiots on the streets, who can bring you down. Had two small stunts, where I had to get of my bike and had luck both times
Can´t tell you how often I kicked some doors or windows from people not takin care…

5 Likes

Thanks brother, I agree!!

3 Likes