Unique Melody MEST - Hybrid IEM - Official Thread

I’d recommend using another case. This one works well for my needs (note that you can get it cheaper elsewhere). I have a Massdrop Plus IEM and the case it came with was far too small (it risked damaging the cable, when still attached to the IEMs).

5 Likes

Ahh thanks. I actually already have two Pelican cases. They are very safe. Thanks again.

3 Likes

A full day listening with the UM MEST (via Roon and 2go/Hugo 2), has been entirely beguiling.

Still very much loving these things.

They are the most visceral IEM I’ve had in my ears. Even TOTL bass-centric IEMs haven’t manage this.

6 Likes

I’ve been using these lately with the MEST, and I find the light short version brings the MEST more inline with the U12t, drums seem to be more similar and it tames some of the highs during certain tracks and is in general a more smooth experience, at least to my ears…lows are also more emphasized but not in a bloats way. But YMMV =)

7 Likes

What’s the difference btw the standard and light?
I ordered the Sedna Earfit & Earfit Short from Amazon JP last week, and estimate delivery is end of the month… :sweat_smile:
Even the Spiral Dots++ I ordered later also from Amazon JP is due 1 week earlier than the Sednas…

1 Like

Btw, UM just confirmed these uses standard polarity pins…

1 Like

The light is a softer outer material as far as I can tell it’s more pliable

Ahh did you notice and sound differences btw the standard and light?

1 Like

Yes, light seemed to add a smoother high end, while emphasizing the mids and lows…seemed to get the MEST closer to the U12t in smoothness

Standard just emphasized what was already happening…but I noticed it highlighted flaws in mastering more…and depending on the track could get a bit bright

2 Likes

Can you also comment on the bass section of the sound signature between u12t and mest?

I am enjoying the MEST to its fullest. I love the sound signature but sadly, I have to report that I am hearing a slight driver flex in one of the sides. Ohh well, would have happened sooner or later. Sounds still perfect though with a teeny “ting” when inserting.

PS. I wish they provided more than one cable though just in case and the Y split sucks, it’s just a plastic wrap.

2 Likes

I’m also using the standard Sedna Earfits. It’s the best tip that I have come across for all of my IEMs. I’m also curious how it differs from the light variant.

1 Like

The bass on the U12t is fuller and thicker with a bit more slower decay compared to the MEST.
Overall both are amazing IEMs, but I find myself reaching for the U12t more often. But given the price of the MEST, it really punches above its value point.

1 Like

Also i’m finding the U12t more comfortable than the MEST due to it’s slimmer and longer nozzle.

1 Like

Musicteck lowered the price to the discounted price for the MEST. I don’t think people have given this one a chance as it was expected. I am loving it tremendously. This comes the closest to the IER-Z1R. One significant leap above the Solaris and Andromeda imo.

3 Likes

I agree! it for me, bests every IEM I’ve tried so far (with the U12t giving it a good run for the money).

3 Likes

They are a steal at the current asking price, probably among the best price/performance IEMs today!

3 Likes

Hello to all, I’m new here but not new to audio, it’s a life long hobby of mine. I’m waiting for that brown truck and I hope that the impressions given on here are mine as well. Looking forward to a comparison against my 4 day old EE legend X. I believe these iem have different Sound signature and that’s exactly what I’m hoping for.

7 Likes

BTW mine are the Reds!

3 Likes

Just arrived and I’m excited to give them a spin to see and experience them myself.

5 Likes