What is the Best Non-IEM Portable Headphone

Lol!! Purple is your jam! I was about to order Yaxi pads to, was it 2 months for delivery for you!?

1 Like

Man so many people showing so much love for The Elegiaā€™s! I am starting to wonder if I should even bother with the the Aeon2C lol.

Iā€™ll have to checkā€¦I ordered direct from Yaxi websiteā€¦I do know they are coming from Japan, and usually they give long lead times to delivery timesā€¦I usually get stuff from Japan or China within a month thoughā€¦

2 Likes

I had the original Aeon C and sold them to get the Elegia because the Aeon need a lot of juice, more than what my phone or DAP could provide to sound right. The Aeon C2 do as well as they are also very low impedance and low sensitivity.

Like the original Aeon C, to my ears, the Elegia do need some lower frequency EQ gain to sound best. I canā€™t comment on the Aeon C 2 in that regard.

1 Like

recieved the Yaxi pads direct from Japan to germany in under 2 weeks. ā€¦ This was over a year ago.

3 Likes

Direct front their website?

I purchased the Yaxi pads on December 12 directly from their website. Received them today.

5 Likes

Iā€™m disappointed that you did not get the Reds/Orangesā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Size comparison

Really hard to get any contrast on that pic, sorry.

3 Likes

30 second impressions: Bass not flabby anymore, but still very present. More comfortable. Mids and highs more in line with each other. Yaxi has brought balance to the Force.

2 Likes

Iā€™m an understated kinda guy. Hehe

1 Like

So youā€™re saying size does sometimes matterā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

What was the power rating on your DAP? Did you ever try a portable DAC/AMP with your Aeonā€™s?

Sure it does. Donā€™t let anyone tell you different.

2 Likes

Yes. Direct from the Yaxi homepage

1 Like

A friend of mine has the VorzAMP duo II and it can properly drive them (500mW /16 Ohms). His SR15 can get plenty loud with the Aeon C but they sound compressed compared to an amp that puts out more current.

2 Likes

Man, you werenā€™t joking @ProfFalkin just got these Koss Porta Proā€™s for iPhone, Ipad and listening via Qobuz right now just plugged into my Macbook pro no DAC or amplifier other than whatā€™s built into the computer and WOW for $60 I am so impressed with these little guys!!! I mean they sound pretty damn good for the price lol.

4 Likes

Just got my Yaxi pads today! Iā€™ll get a quick pick in a bit! Went red and orange

@ProfFalkin @MRHifiReviews

Here they are

4 Likes

Awesome!!! I am going to order mine tonight!

@TylersEclectic what was that Bluetooth cable device where you could plug any headphone into and make them Bluetooth? I am thinking I might want to add that to these Ports Pros just for the gym since the cable does worry me a little and it breaking?

1 Like

Something like this maybeā€¦

APEKX Clip Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Headphones, Headset, Speaker, Wireless Receiver with MIC for Hands-Free Call and Music https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUXYVOA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_yA8dEbR78QDPQ

1 Like