What music do you listen to, to relax the mind and body?

You get home from a long day and all you want to do is relax. Analyzing the music becomes less important, it’s time to put on your favorite pair of headphones and melt into your favorite couch or chair. What genres, artists, sounds, and music do you turn to, to destress and relax?

4 Likes

Norah Jones. Her voice is intoxicating, it just has this special way of making love to my ears. :heart:

11 Likes

I tend to just put on my liked tracks on shuffle…skip around a bit until I find something that grabs me =)

4 Likes

Love Nora Jones!

3 Likes

Tracks like this are what I’ll usually end up on…

4 Likes

I like it!

2 Likes

Nice. It reminded me of this song, with the simple chord strumming.

3 Likes

Beethoven’s 6th, the Pastorale. Generally with speakers, not headphones.

6 Likes

Did we really get this far into the thread without someone mentioning Enya? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Enya’s music is so beautiful and one of my favorites. One of my highschool jobs growing many many many years ago as a barista in a small Portland coffee shop we would play her music regularly clients loved it.

2 Likes

I listen to a lot of neo-classical / ambient music when I’m trying to relax-- come to think of it I’ve been listening to a alot of neo-classical/ambient music.

or if none of those are working, I throw on Disintegration Loops dlp 1.1

4 Likes

Norah Jones - definitely one of my favs for relaxing.

For me, I also like relaxing to Guaraldi, Olafur Arnalds, and Cigarettes After Sex —

On the last band - their music is so intoxicatingly rich and beautiful, but seriously one of the worst lyricist ever. I end up getting so relaxed and laid back, I ignore the lyrics. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Agree. It’s a great album to have on if you’re not paying too much attention. They sound a lot like Beach House to me, if you want something with a similar vibe, more cogent lyrics and less embarrassing band name.

6 Likes

I threw together a random mix of chill tracks I like… some are more chill and relax, some are good for background, some I just like to chill to lol…

6 Likes

Yes love beach house too!

Another similar set of stuff in similar vein are: Slowdive and Mazzy Star. While on this, Iron & Wine is good relaxing music for me too

4 Likes

Awesome thanks man, will check it out. :pray::+1:

2 Likes

This is super chill, and I’ve been playing this often. It inspired me to create another thread.

3 Likes

Anything ambient by Azam Ali, Robert Rich, Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois, Steve Roach, or Atomic Skunk.

5 Likes

Many pieces by Debussy & Delius fit the bill. So does Miles Davis’ IN A SILENT WAY, one of the more relaxed recordings ever.

An especially hypnotic/meditative recording IMO is HEARING SOLAR WINDS (David Hykes and the Harmonic Choir), which mingles throat singing and ambient space in an appealing way.

5 Likes

So many great shares! Keep them coming, thanks everyone!

5 Likes