What music have you been listening to this past week?

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/162865/Charles_Mingus-Mingus_Mingus_Mingus_Mingus_Mingus-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

Oh my gawd thsi sounds good.

3 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like
2 Likes

A long time Starship fan, I hadn’t listened to this album all the way through. It shows a lot of focus. Some great rock fiddle in it also. Haven’t read the credits, but I suspect Papa John Creach

1 Like

1 Like

Tommy is a genius!

4 Likes
1 Like

Ever listen to Tin Machine?

3 Likes

no, but I will now! (20 char)

1 Like

I really enjoy the first album (The one posted above). The second one wasn’t as good in my opinion.
Trivia fact: 2 members of the band are Soupy Sayles’ sons.

2 Likes

That album was so gorgeous.
I still have the cassette.

1 Like

I wasn’t ready for Tin Machine when that album was originally released, maybe because I’d somewhat given up on Bowie by that time, but after discovering it a few years ago (along with some late Bowie gems like Heathen and Reality), I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

3 Likes

I tried and tried to like Tin Machine but just could not do it. It was Bowie’s first “member of a band” album of his adult career. He had long been a legend. I believe I still have an archival CD.

I was into the Pixies and Replacements in that era.

1 Like

Sam Fender’s new album, “Seventeen Going Under.” Kid is the freshest guitar-mainstream rock storyteller I’ve heard in a while. Really good.

Sooo Good image

3 Likes

TT2>Stratus>HD580 :ok_hand:

1 Like
2 Likes

Listening to Bryan Ferry’s Boys and Girls on SACD. Sounds fantastic on Hugo 2 → Utopia.

2 Likes