What music have you been listening to this past week?

1 Like
1 Like

Great Album

4 Likes
3 Likes

I was listening to Hozier self titled last night and I’ve always enjoyed this album on the powerbeat3 prior to going off the high fidelity deep end. Last night, I don’t know if I’ve hit that point where the equipment really defines how good or what we initially perceived as good really shows maybe it isn’t that good. Still sounds good on the powerbeat3 (listening to it right now cause I was curious how it sounds). The bass on that album is kind of gritty, I’m guessing on purpose. When you really define how gritty it is, I didn’t find it as enjoyable as I did in the past. I switched over to Daft Punk and it was really well done, bass hits hard and very clean, big difference between bands and maybe recording techniques, etc? I’ll have to explore it again… Maybe this album will drop on my list of the ones I enjoy listening to.

1 Like

Love me some Reggae and Peter Tosh

3 Likes

How deep do your headphones go into the bass :question: :question:

-or how can I annoy my neighbor with a subwoofer-- :joy: :exploding_head: :+1:

3 Likes

Genesis’ last concert (probably ever) in the US. Boston MA Dec 16, 2021

4 Likes

My first thought, once upon a time, it might have been lighters. Now it’s a sea of cell phones…

1 Like

Leonard Cohen – New Skin for the old Ceremony

This is a well recorded album. Probably the best from Cohen. I’ve been enjoying this with the Holo May into the LTA MZ3.

1 Like

My musical tastes are all over the place, but these are a few of the albums I’ve listened to this week so far (I listen to A LOT of music on a daily basis).

1 Like

3 Likes

Andras Schiff - J.S. Bach: Goldberg Variations. Well recorded. Actually was listening to my wife who has been playing since she was 14, move through a few renditions.

81vM5rg5PoL.SX425

6 Likes

This is a stunning recording. Schiff is a monster of technique and a fine interpreter.

1 Like

Agree very well done.

1 Like

Having fun trying to keep up with the instruments in this album:

RoonShareImage-637765139561999496

1 Like

Been watching the Disney film “Get Back” showing the lead up to the recording sessions for Let it Be. It’s a long film with lots of good content. Recommended. I subscribed to Disney Plus just for this, but I think I’ll also be following the Boba Fett series.

4 Likes

I decided to revisit these two albums as it’ll be 10 year in June since I visited Iceland.

Really like this one. Post punk kind of experimental. Not boring. I um…sort of cranked them up on my office system mid afternoon on December 30th before leaving for my 2 hour pre New Year’s Eve drive.