What music have you been listening to this past week?

“News Come” by Mereba

“Time is Precious” by Sault

“The Unfurrowed Field” by Fergus McCreadie

“RHODODENDRON” by Hurray for the Riff Raff

2 Likes

The new Rammstein (sorry, not sorry) has been in heavy rotation:
Rammstein - Angst (Official Video) - YouTube - for example. As always, the production/sound quality is amazing.

1 Like

Everything Everything’s new album is amazing!

2 Likes

http://open.qobuz.com/album/s921qvrw0mmjc

5 Likes

As @Jaethan knows, The Midnight just dropped a new track yesterday. Feels a lot like their older stuff which was more focused on the chill synthwave experience. Good throwback. Also for those Canadians who got the commercials, the intro reminds me of Body Break with Hal Johnson.

They had also released another song a month ago that I got to hear live back in November when I saw them in concert. Completely different than the track above with a lot more energy and gives off some 80s hair metal vibes.

And I know I’ve posted her before, but I still feel that Lauren Babic is getting slept on. This Alexisonfire cover is something else.

2 Likes

My band Modern Diet put out this song today:

“Older” by Modern Diet [OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO]

Full record “The State of Things” out July 07 :mirror_ball:
Recorded and mixed entirely on HiFiMan Sundara :metal:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Since reaching end game, I have gone from my usual Alicia Keys & Breakbeat to expanding to others like Silk Sonic, Olivia Rodrigo and Camila Caballo. Enjoyed it all!

2 Likes

Now that grades have been turned in, I’ve been relaxing to the Homeworld 2 Remastered Soundtrack:

2 Likes

Regina Spektor - Home Before and After

4 Likes

I like the song! Cool vibe.

1 Like

It’s the 5th of July. I’m back in the office, should be back setting my nose to the grindstone like a stylus to a vinyl groove. But my admin transferred to another office, so I’m alone again, and I wanted to put on some background - other than the Amish crew weed-whacking and blowing outside.

I’ve already taken the time to place one of the cover songs in the Favorite Covers topic. But this is my first time listening to Santana’s 2021 Blessings and Miracles album, and it is almost all wonderful.

3 Likes

There doesn’t seem to be a way to share it but for those who use Roon… Under playlists by Roon there is a new one titled “CanJam London”. Lot of good reference tracks here. :headphones::headphones:

1 Like

Not sure where to put this. Favorite Music Videos topic is slow. There is no WORLD MUSIC topic. The Japanese Music/Anime topic is Japanese… Well I did listen to it this week.

This one is worth watching. It starts with an interview and ends with the music video. It makes me wonder if bell bottoms or a fusion of bell bottoms and western wear will come back. The video is K-Pop magic, but the production hints of Ballywood. And it’s PSY and Suga!!! Suga from BTS - he makes a landing halfway through the music video.

Something about this is just plain fun. That that, I like it.

3 Likes