What music have you been listening to this past week?

Listening to this - it’s pretty interesting. Thanks for the pointer.

1 Like

The new SAULT albums that are available for free download.

Keith Jarrett’s Vienna Concert

Amagansett by Matt Kivel & Bonnie Prince Billy

The Cure, The Smiths, My Bloody Valentine

Creedence Clearwater Revival

The Joni Mitchell coffeehouse tapes

Paranoid by Black Sabbath

The new Revolver remaster

5 Likes

I found myself listening to more Techno again - Detroit Techno to be precise: Carl Craig, Robert Hood, Drexciya, Inner City

1 Like

5 Likes

So, this is hardly an audiophile recording. And it sure ain’t my musical bag under normal circumstances (though I’ve been to my fair share of musical theater). But this as a historical document is absolutely bonkers. She’s 18!!!?! and has the audience eating out of her hand, and she’s hilarious, and it’s 1962 and a tiny club in the west village. You gotta give this a try, unless all you’ve ever listened to is EDM and/or you’ll detest yourself for allowing me to convince you to listen to Barbara Streisand for 5 minutes.

2 Likes

Thanks for this pointer. I’ve heard Streisand before, but not her very early stuff, which is as you point out, much better humored. I’m in the office, and I need to kill time until I get a callback for some important information so I can proceed. One of those structured situations where until you get that piece, the computer doesn’t let you go ahead.

Now it seems like an OK recording. I’m listening to speakers of course, as I can’t do background on headphones, and times like these when I can actually turn it up a bit are few and far between.

“Cry Me a River” is a nice example of when she gets down to serious singing business after she’s already played the audience. She’s way better as a sprout than as a reflection of what she was.

Thanks again for the pointer. Anybody who detests themselves for listening to this has tapioca for brains.

3 Likes

I was listening to Radio Paradise, usually on the global/eclectic, but switched to the main mix. Steely Dan, Bodihisattva came on nice, got me in the mood to switch to the Rock mix. Soon came a couple of songs that I had to rate 10. Every note burned into my head since the album came out. One of the first albums I ever bought. From Led Zep II

Ya see young’uns. We had the best music. The freaking best.

6 Likes

Truly hits a chord with me. There is no better music than that of Led Zeppelin.

2 Likes

“Back in the Day” Due to budget constraints I only ever bought one Led Zeppelin album ( In through the Out Door ) on vinyl.

But I’ve got them all on CD, some in multiple masterings.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

Just discovered Aes Dana (the french progressive electronica producer, not to be confused with the metal band of the same name) and have been digging his whole catalog all week. Spectacular atmospheric electronica that is SKULL RATTLING on Legend EVO. :smiley:

1 Like

Have been listening to a lot of doom metal last couple weeks on the 1266 TC. Albums like Dopethrone by Electric Wizard, Holy Mountain and Dopesmoker by Sleep are just amazing. The fuzzy deep bass on dark winter evenings is just the perfect thing to warm you up along with a nice beer or scotch :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Nice…great ones !!!

I’m in the same winter metal mood. Currently listening to this…

These guys should be way more known! Really good stuff imo

1 Like

That’s a pretty cool album, just finished listening to it. Thanks for the recommendation \m/ I’ll have to keep these guys in my rotation. I think “Horse in Thrall” was my favorite, very atmospheric and still heavy. “All the Witches You Failed to Burn” was cool too.

1 Like

In keeping pace with the sadboi metal mentioned above, Insomnium recently released a new track. They’re such a solid band!

I binged 1899 this weekend. Turns out the creators have excellent taste in music and decided to put all of their favorite tracks in a show.

Changing it up to a Jazz-Fusion vibe

The rain rolled in late last night so I’m listening to something a bit calmer than what I normally listen to:

Regards,
Vic

And for bass-heads

Really very chill. I know I added a sub to my office setup. This might be why.

3 Likes

Keeping in the jazzy mood

3 Likes