What music have you been listening to this past week?

2 Likes

Just mak’n sure y’all are still awake…

4 Likes

Man I forgot about this album! Thanks! I have some fond memories of when I thought I was slick and romantic and rocking some D’Angelo and others lol :joy: smooth operator ha!

1 Like

Another band I haven’t listened to in over a decade lol… memories…yeesh! Thanks gentleman!

1 Like

I’ve been listening to 97 @ The Village Vanguard live album by Fred Hersch Trio. If you’re into intrumental jazz without blaring horns or saxophones, this is an excellent live recording. Practically perfect piano sound (which is hard to do even in a studio). And as much as I like ‘properly produced’ music with isolated tracks, Jazz like this is generally meant to be heard live anyway, and often studio recordings of this type of stuff are also done live.

7 Likes

New tracks for the week (I’m a Blink-182 fan so…dirty lil secret is out…DON’T YOU JUDGE ME :wink: )

Ok I think that is enough for now :wink: hope you enjoy and find at least one to your liking

Edit: I just realized this shows my eclectic ADHD rattled brains taste in music lol “And that’s why I always say, ‘Shumshumschilpiddydah!’” ~Rick Sanchez

3 Likes

!

Roon Focus data for last week.

3 Likes

Another band to add:

2 Likes

Glass Animals - Zaba has been the most popular album playing this week. It’s just so darn jungle groovy.

4 Likes

great album…thank you I forgot about this!!!

1 Like

I go through iTunes every weekend looking for new music. I came across an album by a band called Mercury Rev. The album is called Bobbie Gentry’s the Delta Sweete Revisited. I saw Ode to Billie Joe and I thought “What the hell.”
It is all guest female vocalists doing what I assume are all Bobbie Gentry songs. It is haunting, fascinating and addictive to me. I think there are 12 songs and I bought 7. I bought them Feb. 15th and am hooked. They sound country/country rock/indie rock/pop. I think all the voices have been “processed” somehow.

The singers are Lucinda Williams, Norah Jones, Margo Price, Hope Sandoval, Carice van Houten, etc.

It is certainly not alt rock, IMO, but you occasionally find some cool stuff in that category.

I am a rock fan with some pop and Jazz thrown in, but I CAN’T stop playing these songs.

ShaneD

3 Likes

This is actually several months old, but I wanted to post a link for the band. I stumbled across them in iTunes and had never heard of them: The Blue Stones. Their debut album is called Black Holes. I RARELY buy a full album anymore. Outside of Jazz albums, I only buy a few rock albums a year. I buy tons of singles, doubles and triples off an album, but rarely do I feel the need for the whole album.
Here are all of the complete albums I bought in 2018 (minus Jazz):

Grandson (EP) fun stuff - newish to me. Really like some of it.
Arkells - based on past history
The Record Company - based on past history
Florence and the Machine - based on past history
Shinedown - based on past history
Dave Matthews Band - based on past history
Blackstone Cherry - based on past history
Stone Temple Pilots - based on past history

Blue Stones - NEW ROCK MUSIC

ShaneD

2 Likes

man, sometimes you just need some “classics”. These bring out some emotions for me…good way to end the night…a final dram and some peaceful music…well minus “Hoedown” by Copland lol but that is why I put that one first :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to this album for over 20 years now. Big fan of the band. Since I’ve assembled a good (in my context) headphone setup, it’s taken the album to the next level for me. I have really enjoyed re-listening to my favorite music with this setup.

And as far as this album is concerned, not only is the quality top notch, but I keep finding meanings in it I wasn’t aware of before. Always something new to explore it seems from this group, from the same +20 year old music. :metal:

3 Likes

That’s a great album! I us d to listen to it while studying at my military rating school lol, Thanks for the reminder! I’ll give it a new appreciation and better gear listen! :grinning:

2 Likes

Confused, I am.
This does not appear to be a link, just a screenshot.
I searched on ROON under AEnima, Tool, Aenima Tool, and Tool Jimmy, Aenima Jimmy
Some results have a slightly similar graphic vibe.
There is a group shown from 1997, from Portugal. But the albums related are 2018, 2019.

I’m obviously still recovering from the lobotomy, because I’m missing something obvious.

3 Likes

It’s a screenshot from Volumio hosted on the raspberry pi.

Tool does not make their music available for streaming. I’m old fashioned and buy CDs, then rip accordingly to access the music. A bit more of a pain, but I like having a physical collection, all backed up via FLAC files.

2 Likes

ALA.NI - Caught her on Jools Holland. Ultra retro and not at all what I expected:

1 Like

4 Likes

Get pumped!! Great to listen to while picking up heavy things and putting them down again💪

2 Likes