What music have you been listening to this past week?

man, this plus this have been eating a lot of my time these days:

4 Likes

It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea-- but this Billy Eilish track is a CrossFit workout for headphones.

7 Likes

Try her other stuff… pretty good…“you should see me in a crown” the metal sliding sound is crazy.

3 Likes

I like to use that track to test bass.

3 Likes

Cute catchy little tune. My Loki tone control came today. Just had fun listening with the cheap KZ IEMs and twiddling the knobs.

2 Likes

Billie is one of the few modern artists I actually respect, let alone like. She’s got some original stuff that’s not like the JayZ/Beyonce cookie cutter crap everyone in the last 15 years has put out, which I despise. She also has a great set of pipes.

5 Likes

Not my usual cup of tea but still a really nice track. And your correct in saying it a workout for your headphones. :blush:

2 Likes

Agree. Apparently, her older brother Finneas O’Connell is the co-writer and producer for most of her songs, he has a solo album out this year as well.

3 Likes

New Vampire Weekend track is killing me. Great song, stellar production.

5 Likes

Big fan of Vampire Weekend. They are one of the few bands that carried over from my hipster music phase in thee 2010s.

4 Likes

Funny this is on my Spotify release radar

2 Likes

Love Vampire Weekend.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Dodie - Monster and the rest of the “Human” EP.

I’m trying to decide whether she’s naive and derivative or a new talent. Perhaps it’s too early to know. This video goes straight back to 1980s-1990s dress-up without CGI.

It has the advantage of being short.

2 Likes

The new tracks I liked listening to this week:

5 Likes

I have never really been a fan of Rodrigo y Gabriela but the “Mettavolution” track (which I quite like BTW) for some reason sent me on a listening binge of Paco De Lucia, who I hadn’t really listened to for a while. Paco de Lucia’s songs are obviously not for everyone but there is no doubt he was one of the best flamenco/spanish guitarists that has ever lived.

Just in case anyone hasn’t hard this track, this is one of Paco’s masterpieces:

4 Likes

I love old-school New Orleans music, and this guy (who shockingly comes from the UK, not N.O.) really serves it up right. It’s a long cut but there are a several different rhythm & instrumental pairings/sections. Listening to it (again!) right now…

6 Likes

Been enjoying this album… it is a trip… especially with the Ether 2s! Just fun…

Was listening to the Track below, and the background 911 call made me think my daughter had called 911 on one of our phones on accident…freaked me out lol:

another track I keep going back to this past week:

8 Likes

Malcolm Gladwell and Rick Rubin have a podcast called “Broken Record” were they interview musicians-- during the Questlove interview Rick and Quest both agree that the D’Angelo record “Voodoo” was one of the best-produced albums ever. That was enough for me to go back for concentrated listen, and I’m glad I did.

4 Likes