What music have you been listening to this past week?

Its a good one… I’ve found I have been liking the Qobuz 24/96 version as well.

4 Likes

There seems to be a bunch of releases. Which release should I be looking for?

I was listening to my own rip of my original 1985 CD release (UK).

I haven’t compared it to what’s available on the streaming services.

3 Likes

I used to have it on cassette, back when I just enjoyed music and didn’t know or care who Aiwa were.

5 Likes

Fun recommendation! I had not heard this before. I listened to the original release this morning and am listening to the 2012 remake now.

4 Likes

8 Likes

It’s been John Mayer for me all week. Now downloading the rest of his new album “Sob Rock”.

1 Like

Earth, Wind and Fire! I’d listen to that, then to recover I’d spin up

2 Likes

A little Steve Miller , Fly Like An Eagle and Sailor

4 Likes

1 Like

Catherine Ireton’s Pieces of Me

This EP includes conventional pop vocals, but it grabbed my attention for technical reasons and as potential test tracks. This is because: (1) Her enunciation is on another level. I hear very little slurring, sloppiness, or breathiness, and (2) these tracks were recorded clean. One can hear lots of details, to include miniscule vocal articulation pops. If you hear noise or the details go away, then your setup has lost resolution.

3 Likes

2 Likes

https://www.cafeoto.co.uk/shop/eiko-ishibashi-live-at-incubus/

Dear Qobuz, how can I give feedback to your algorithm. Thanks.

7 Likes

This is a very strange corner you seem to have painted yourself into, but one I also happily occupy.

A few more recommendations in a similar vein:

My favourite book:

My favourite film:

A tentative excursion:

1 Like

Watch out, you’ll be seeing ads for gentlemen’s wigs in your internet browser before long.

Milla Jovovich – the model and Resident Evil movie star – released an album of Ukranian-folk-inspired pop. It was well received in 1994. The lead single was:

3 Likes

This is an excellent song I forgot about

Her entire album The Divine Comedy is solid. I bought the CD several years after its release because I remembered the single and wondered if a model could sing. Yes, yes she can. It’s a mellow and tonally connected album that makes for great background music when working.

1 Like

1 Like