What’s in the box **Tubed Edition**

Awaken this quiet thread, 1972 mullard 7308

8 Likes

Vintage Sicte 6J5GT from Italy

8 Likes

Melz tube hole plate NOS metal base/1954 arrived…

7 Likes

Today’s catch:
Philips / Mullard EL34 XF2
Philips EL3N

7 Likes

The holy grail for 6AS7G users:

Western Electric 421A

6 Likes

Very nice. Where did you find these? And what amp will you be using them in?

I bought them from a guy I know on HF. I am using them in my Euforia with Auteur. I am very impressed with the overall improvement they brought.

2 Likes

My no. 2 most wanted tube for the Euforia:

Chatham 5998

I strongly believe these are true NOS. The measurements and optical inspection all indicate that they most likely have never been used before.

7 Likes

Brimar 807

5 Likes

These ought to keep me busy for a while :headphones:

Left to right: GE (Mullard), RCA, and Hammond (Amperex)

6 Likes

Pleasantly surprised when my most recent purchase (GEC 6AS7G) showed up with a box in NOS condition as well.

Interesting message inside the box flap promoting recycling…

9 Likes

Those green Hammond-labeled Amperex 12AX7s are some of my favorite. I have been using those or the slightly cheaper ones with “Hammond” written in red in my Quicksilver for over a year now.

Is that NOS or NEW? The box looks pristine.

1 Like

Got a number of tubes in for my Folkvangr. Most are 6n6’s to cover me for a while. The bubble wrapped ones just got here from Ukraine and are supposedly 70’s era NOS . I’m no tube expert…they definitely look new.?:person_shrugging:

Then I’ve got a few matched pairs to roll in place of the 6n1p’s. Many of those from a fellow community member (thanks again!)

Got some tube rolling in my near future… :grin:

10 Likes

Very nice!

The Amaterasu Omatsuri deskmat is nice too.

Regards,
Vic

1 Like

I have been enjoying my 1954 Amperex long plate slanted D foil getter 12AX7s in my Quicksilver all week. They have lived up to the hype in my opinion. The combination with the GE oval gray plates 6BQ5s (from Kentucky Ken Rad factory) is so nice that I haven’t even rolled in my 1955 Mullard disk getter EL84s yet. There’s always tomorrow!

11 Likes

Wouldn’t think too much would be available in those parts given the circumstances.

Looks like a great tube rolling stash to experiment with. Congrats.

Are the “military” 7308(s) are for use in the Folkvangr? Those can be on the pricey side. I have a tube buffer that uses 6DJ8 family tubes. I only have one set of those 7308(s). Never used them. Just tested 'em, and put 'em away.

2 Likes

Yes on both.

Thought I’d get a set on the high side of what I’m willing to spend. See if I can tell a difference between the low, middle, high priced tiers.

I’m predicting…no. I don’t have the most discerning ears but we’ll see(hear).

3 Likes

Hi guys. These Sovtek (NOS) seem to be real heroes in my tube line up for my WA 22.
They have great authority in presence.

Processing: 942A38B8-F01F-4C9E-BE29-E01FD26D9BE8.jpeg…

2 Likes

You know I gotta say that is really awesome, brother.
Tube glory heaven. So let me ask you something. Are you loving the FolkVangr right off the bat or do you need more time with it? 10 tubes to burn in a bit I would understand if the Amp didn’t grab you right away.

Also. I wanted to show you my retro photo of my tube glow with the WA 22. I’m having so much fun as well. Glad I found this thread. :wink:

4 Likes