What’s your EDC?

My kitchen knifes (aka Chef Knifes) are Victorinox. They have seen a lot of use and are easy to sharpen and withstand a lot of abuse.

4 Likes

Hahah, this is freakin perfect. Also, it serves the same purpose. Tools to get the job done.

3 Likes

@prfallon69 you are my inspiration. Here’s my EDC based on how often I actually use the stuff in my pockets:

Starting from 12:00 and working clockwise:

1. Altoids box converted into a contact piezo microphone
  2. Rock climbing carabiner with 25, 8, and 7 kN strength ratings (from China)
  3. Wooden Spyderco kit knife
  4. Toothpick crossbow with 3 toothpicks
  5. A fresh black walnut in its hull, in case I get hungry for a snack
11 Likes

Suggest looking for a source of depleted uranium toothpicks. Look for curare at your local natural products Internet warehouse.

Curiously, if you just go for “glass toothpicks” there are actual hits on the internet, and ETSY and a few other ad-building sites will steer you to the 5 best glass toothpicks. However “depleted uranium toothpicks” may have been too much for them.

9 Likes

True facts about toothpick crossbows:

• One cannot carry them ‘cocked and locked’ because they have no lock, nor a Safe Action(r). These are great for poking holes in pockets. Fortunately, the shape of the crossbow prevents leg stabbing. Glass toothpicks would facilitate stabbing, if that’s what you are into.
  • Remember when your mother said “That thing is going to take your eye out”? Yes, these can and do lead to injuries. All projectile safety rules apply.
  • A flat-based toothpick is essential for reliability and decent power. With one of these wooden toothpicks, it’ll shoot 15-20 feet. Depleted uranium may fly 15-20 inches.
8 Likes

I love how you differentiate between cocked and locked vs safe action in this context. It speaks to how sophisticated we are willing to imagine toothpick crossbows can be.

If you find one with a safety of any variety, let me know? I want.

6 Likes

It’s the “ice” toothpicks you gotta watch out for… :eyes::dizzy_face:

4 Likes

Thats a fine collection @generic. It’s great to see that you’ve got some personal protection with the Toothpick Crossbow. These are very underrated and can be lifesavers. :smile:.

3 Likes

I have a hard time responding either seriously or with humor, as there are many similar but effective items. This chuckling German man in the woods has invented 100s of devices using common household and hardware store items. He forces one to rethink conventional assumptions:

3 Likes

I know his channel from the past, and he has some fun content, though never wanted to be in this “categories” - this stuff has a strange taste for most europeans

I´m not judging - just saying we have a hard time with anything similar to weapons

5 Likes

Strange taste for everyone on the planet. That dude ‘weaponizes’ everything from kitchen knives to perfume and Oreo cookies. I’m not judging either, just observing with a sense of irony.

3 Likes

thank you - that would have been my words, if I´d been able to find and put them in the right order, out of my small english vocabulary :slight_smile:

7 Likes

My EDC

Glock 26
Saddleback Leather front pocket wallet
iBasso DX160 DAP
Etymotic ER2XR
Benchmade Griptillian Mini

9 Likes

Tell us what the stuff is…

2 Likes

Sorry - thought I added it but forget to click save. :rofl:

1 Like

I hope you insert the Etymolics before firing Glock.

8 Likes

Thoughts on the Saddleback leather wallet? And how has yours held up? They look sweet, I’ve considered picking one up in the past!

3 Likes

Lol, but of course. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like it! It’s super durable and is made of full grain leather, so it’ll last a long time. My only issue is that the ID card slot is far too small for a US driver’s license to fit, hence why mine is empty (as seen in the picture). Otherwise it holds my cash and all cards nicely and I do recommend it.

2 Likes

This is my big Barlow. It is 4.5" closed with titanium liners and screws. The blade and spring are D-2 tool steel and the scales are blue G-10 that are jigged and fluted. It’s one of my favorite patterns.
Thanks!
Gene

3 Likes