What were the last three IEM’s you either bought or tried?

My last three in order:

Audeze LCDi3
Moondrop Blessing 2
Unique Melody MEST

It’s a battle between the LCDi3 and the MEST for my attention. The LCDi3 is technically brilliant (S+ class IEM) but it very much needs EQ from my RME ADI-2 DAC. I don’t touch the MEST with EQ (complicated, where would I start). So the MEST I can use everywhere but the LCDi3 is just so very special and takes EQ really well (like its a research project). I’m in heaven to be able to switch between the two since they are ever so different (that and my Amanda and Focal Radiance headphones, and now my Genelec speakers as a sort of SQ reference). I died and awoke in paradise.

7 Likes

Great impressions. Iem’s and Equalising be so addictive.

1 Like

hey, are you using foam in your MEST? Trying to figure it out.

My last three in order:
Moondrop Blessing 2: ok
Dunu Zen: love it
64 Audio U12t: very disapointed.

Every reviewer out there loves the U12t… I had great expectations and when it came it was such a let down. The accessories are so poor to the point of being ridiculous for a $2000 IEM. The ear tips are inside a plastic bag, all feels cheap. Just compare the accessories with the Dunu Zen - $699 - and you can clearly see how poor they feel in comparison. And then, the sound… yes the sound. Well, IMO very clear, bass not that impressive, slam so-so… cable… horrible, just big let down.
They are up for sale.

2 Likes

I found using foam tips with MEST to be unsuccessful. Seemed to mute all that was exciting in the MEST. This has been reported by others. I didn’t care too much for the included other tips either. They kept slowly falling out of my ears (perhaps my ears are greasy, ugh).

I’ve had excellent success with AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC. They allow for deep penetration that lasts a bit. I clean them each time first with a bit of Everclear 150 proof alcohol. They tend to collect dust on their very soft sticky surface. The ears are very happy too.

1 Like

I started on the blessing 2 dusk and proceeded to the zen (best headphone over ear or in ear I have experienced) the dusk was also good, but not like the Zen.

A small part of me was considering the 64 audio u12t. But having experienced the zen, I am worried nothing will ever live up to that single DD.

Have you heard the thieaudio monarch/clairvoyance, s8, sa6 or other similar hybrids?

1 Like
  1. JH Audio JH13 V2
  2. Campfire Audio Solaris 2020
  3. 64 Audio A18T (failed fitting), exchanged for U18T (had silicone sleeves made from 3D ear canal scans) - spoiled me for anything else, so far. :grinning:
3 Likes

I only ever owned and tried the Campfire Solaris, which looked stylish but never would fit comfortably in my ear. It was enough for me to discover that I can’t really use or enjoy IEMs. They were wonderful to listen to, but they kept falling out of my ears, so I sold them. For traveling, I have some original Mr. Speakers Aeon closed that sound fine but also seal out the rest of the world.

2 Likes

My problem as well. Eventually solved that problem with nice soft silicon sleeves. Now they stay in my ears and are very comfortable. I thought IEMs would never work for me, but I was persistent and now have a very satisfactory solution.

5 Likes

@tmarshl

Are these custom?

1 Like

Yes. They are custom silicone sleeves for my 64 Audio U18T IEMs, produced by Microsonics from 3D ear canal scans made by an audiologist using the OtoScan laser scanning device. I found that the standard silicone injection process didn’t work for me as the pressure distorted my ear canal and produced a faulty mold, resulting in two failed custom IEM attempts, and multiple refitting failures. The laser scans are more accurate, and the silicone sleeves are more forgiving than plastic CIEMS.

5 Likes

I have very little experience with IEM, actually the 3 I listed are the only ones I have ever had. I am more of an over the ear headphone guy but wanted to see what IEMs could do. I am very happy with the Zen and I believe my IEM adventure ends with it.

1 Like

Interesting solution!

1 Like

Here is what a 3D laser scan looks like.It picks up all of the detail of the ear canal.

The scan files are then sent to a manufacturer (Microsonics in this case) and they make the sleeves from these scans out of silicone. Very comfortable.

5 Likes

… Very cool!

1 Like

I had a look at custom fit IEMs but always found it too expensive for my usage.

My three IEMs I use purely for music:

• UE Triple-Fi 10
  • Audeze iSine 10
  • FiiO FH5
    (And the Sennheiser IE300 are on their way, so technically they’re the latest buy.)

I love them all, and it depends more on the mood than the music which one I pick.

There are also some Bose that I use for conference calls, and a pair of NC Bose that I used to use for flights.

signal-2021-02-25-092734_003

3 Likes

Listen, if needed, message me and I’ll send you name of best guy that makes these molds in NYC. Does all celebs too.

2 Likes
  1. TRN TA1
  2. Dunu SA6
  3. Shanling ME80
1 Like
  1. Sennheiser IE 300
  2. Moondrop Blessing 2
  3. Etymotic ER2XR
1 Like

I bought Fh3 and returned and got FH5 and like it more but just like FH3 its little oversensitive when paired with my iphone using standard Apple lightening DAC adapter. The volume is bit loud on lowest volume setting regardless of what media player app is used. I have sensitive ears and can’t listen at too loud volume. They are bright on treble range. On volume 1 bass is light, on volume 2-3 there is more good amount but then treble gets on little high side.
This is my first time getting IEM’s. Are most of them that loud on low volume? Not sure what to do with them, whether I should return them and get something less sensitive like Tin Hifi P1 which paired with dac/amp will sound better or just need to invest in dac/amp for IEMs, with maybe balanced cable for better sound. I am pretty much beginner to audiophile world.

3 Likes