What were the last three IEM’s you either bought or tried?

A common problem with iPhones is that the volume controls aren’t precise enough. Apparently there are ways of adjusting the iPhone’s volume in smaller increments: see here and here.

1 Like

where did you get the foam sleeves made?

They weren’t foam sleeves, they were medical grade silicon. I got them from

I provided them with STL files of the 3D laser scans of my ear canals.

1 Like

SeeAudio yume and er2xr. I love both of these. When I got the er2xr, I was shocked at how right they sounded.

1 Like

Etymotic Evo, Campfire Vega (OG), Revostage RS50 (brother/successor to the Warbler Prelude)

How is the Revostage RS50?

It’s…interesting. I wish I had the Warbler Prelude to compare it to. Very cavernous, deep soundstage with a warm sound signature with suitable kick and thump for an all BA set Mids are very full, and highs are relaxed but not lacking. It reminds me of the OG Campfire Vega, and Atlas if they were a BA set.

1 Like

There were 2 “double orders”: Kato & Timeless + Dorado & Solaris.

And one thing I can say for sure: be careful with Hypetrain’s,
——
because the 7hz is, “at least to my ears”, a tonal agony.

As airy as it is tuned, it sounds as light and “weightless”, even with the best possible sealing with tips, or xBass, or Power, or tubes…

:unamused:

7 Likes

How do you like the Dorado 2020 on the other hand, however? I have the Ara coming in soon, and it’s the only CFA model I somehow have not managed to try yet.

Congrats on the Shrink Ray as well. Would love to hear your impressions on that one, too!

2 Likes

I’m interested in reading your impressions on the Ara - I currently own the Satsuma and the Ara, but was thinking about adding something more “fun.”

Something wrong there for sure…one thing Timeless is is it’s not weightless… it hits hard…a baby Z1R I call it…yes I know not the same bass technicalities etc but it does dig deep, give it some :zap::muscle: a BOOM.

1 Like

:wink:

1 Like

Aye wee planar’s V’s the daddy…

1 Like

@pennstac so you think Timeless is “weightless” too?

1 Like

I haven’t weighed in on the Timeless that I’ve never heard. Y’all know I like planar “IEM” like things, but mine are all of the Audeze persuasion.

2 Likes

IER-Z1R
U12T
Legend X

1 Like

3 most recent I’ve tried for the first time:

Aroma Jewel
JVC HA-FW10000
Fir XE6

Well Timeless almost mirrors the Z1R up until 1.5k which is known to have one of the best bass responses in the business…as I said previously Timeless’s doesn’t have the technicalities of the Z1R and graphs don’t tell the whole story but…

Vision Ears EXT
Campfire Audio Vega (OG)
Tansio Mirai Sands

(3 very different flavors :))

It’s a couple more than three but I got to try all of these last week…

10 Likes