What's in the box!

No, this is not the “specialty” amplifier I mentioned here … that’ll likely be next week now. This is something I ordered right around Valentines day … and that just showed up …

Just quick snaps with the phone, so color/lighting is all over the place, but might do a proper all-up shot of my current portable setup in a bit.

I had been waiting (and hoping) that Matrix would released their Element:X in black, but they only seem to want to do that for their entry-level model, which I have no interest in, so this combo will become my bed-side rig (home, travel and boats) instead of the Matrix.

Fully wireless (i.e. will run for 8 hours on battery alone), portable, Roon playback (since A&K still haven’t added Roon end-point to their players, something that was originally slated for January LAST year). With the ability to play directly off a pair of internal microSDXC cards, as well as various other sources (MPD, DLNA/UPnP, AirPlay and Bluetooth*) and the ability to take a wired Ethernet connection.

Now to do some listening …

*Yes, Hugo 2 has Bluetooth built-in already. The 2go supports it for use with the 2Yu as a streamer/interface/source for other DACs.

14 Likes