What's in the box!

Any verdict yet on the LTA? What headphones are you using? Thanks. Paul

1 Like

I’m slowly working my way through a writeup, and hope to have it out by the end of the week. I’m using the Focal Utopia with the MZ3.

6 Likes

Initial impressions, meh. IPhone dongle seems very close. Only used it with the SA6 tho.

Edit: This is now crowned the Dragonfart Red

14 Likes

I have the Black (Red’s little brother).
For what it’s worth, compared to my Dell laptop headphone jack - the improvement is substantial.

5 Likes

I’ll try this one next if any

HIDIZS S9 PRO Balanced & Single-Ended Mini HiFi DAC & AMP, 768kHz/32Bit, DSD512 Portable Audio Decoding Amplifier for iPhone iPod Android PC with Windows/Mac OS/iOS/iPad OS System (Black) Amazon.com: HIDIZS S9 PRO Balanced & Single-Ended Mini HiFi DAC & AMP, 768kHz/32Bit, DSD512 Portable Audio Decoding Amplifier for iPhone iPod Android PC with Windows/Mac OS/iOS/iPad OS System (Black): Electronics

Edit: I will not try this next. Not messing with the ESS chips. Older S9 had AKM. Will look at the Lotoo Paw S1…

2 Likes

I’m innocent, I was just following @frkasper’s orders for a “must buy” deal:

I’ve never had any Sennheiser 500 series item before. They sound pretty great after 5 minutes.

18 Likes

https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/lotoo/products/lotoo-paw-s1-portable-usb-dac-amp?variant=39431685668926

This had some buzz a while back. There was a thread…

7 Likes

May check it out too. Thanks!

2 Likes

Cool. Thanks Andris. I have Utopias (and an old pair of LCD-3s - too heavy) and some nice Grados. Never used a dedicated headphone amp, just direct from DAC or from headphone output on my Rogers amp. The LTA folks are 10 miles from me so I would love to be a customer.

Mostly listen to classical and a mix of vocals and classic rock. Some jazz.

Paul

2 Likes

I see the packaging hasn’t changed at all since I bought them in late 2019. Do they still ship with the 3.5mm cable?

58X is the reason I never bought Porta Pros. :rofl:

Enjoy.

1 Like

It came with 3.5mm cable and a snap on 1/4" adapter installed. The cable is about 6’ long. The build quality is fully equal to my retail HD-600. Its sound quality on a good setup is superior to the HD-600 on a bad setup. The high end is rougher than the HD-600, with less subtlety, less extended bass, and less air.

I’ll put on a balanced cable and say more in a Sennheiser thread.

5 Likes

Review is up! https://forum.headphones.com/t/dna-stratus-v4-vs-woo-wa5-le-gen-2-vs-lta-mz3/

2 Likes

Little worried when I saw the box… Looks like it went through some serious schiit :woozy_face:

31 Likes

29 Likes

Arrived Saturday, been so busy I haven’t even added it to the system!

25 Likes

Obligatory chair shot:

Toobs:

Feliks Euforia mkII

28 Likes

Nice chair! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Need a full review, of course. :+1:

3 Likes

Of course! I have extensive experience with the chair. I’ll throw in a few lines about the amp too. :grin:

2 Likes

Never heard of em so I was curious and decided to try em for some op-amp rolling. Jakub from Staccato was a pleasure to deal with; no complaints with the service!

11 Likes

How do they compare to other opamps you compared to? Do you plan to have a shootout post?

4 Likes