What's in the box!

On a Rega I’d use (and actually use on my) a 3mm Funk Firm Achromat.
To my ears the differences are really worth the price.

2 Likes

Nice! I really dig the red face plate, and I bet that amp sings with the Morpheus.

1 Like

Pretty sweet Morpheus! :wink:

1 Like

That polished red face plate is specifically the reason it took 3 months to get the GS-X Mini from HeadAmp haha.The wonders of supply chain issues! It looks amazing in person though, so worth the wait in the end. I was afraid it would it be too shiny or obnoxious vs. the matte, but pretty pleased by how it looks. As for the pairing, it sounds wonderful so far! I’ll need to spend more time with it and compare it with the Forge to see the differences.

@jthvac gee I wonder who helped get me sorted on that front :grin:

6 Likes

Congrats on the new amp!

2 Likes

New estat amp

24 Likes

How many tubes are now in your chain, from start to finish :grin:

2 Likes

:frowning: 29 in total, wish i had 30 flat

6 Likes

Vali 2+ for the win!

I’d never heard of an estat EC amp - looking forward to reading your impressions!

3 Likes

Very nice looking Electra! You’ve been on a roll collecting ec amps like pokemon! Very rare find indeed seldom see these on sale.

2 Likes

Yeah since the release in early 2013, I think there have only been around 3 sales I could find online, maybe more through DMs, but to even find someone with these are hard.

Out of the 10+ people I messaged, 2 replied, and only 1 wanted to sell. And those are all the people I could find that even mentioned they had some in all the forums. They are difficult to stumble across.

6 Likes

Whoa. I bow down to your tube supremacy. :black_heart:

Only on loan but still an exciting box to receive…

11 Likes

Looking forward to your review!

1 Like

Box:

Cayin CS-55A tube amp for both speakers and headphones. Takes either EL34 or KT88 power tubes.

29 Likes

This is the item @mfadio is to blame for

Vintage Ariston RD-11s. Needs some TLC, but this is a museum piece.
I’ll be updating the project on the restoration thread

27 Likes

Great turnable. You will love it and restoration will make it your own personal turnable. Good luck.

4 Likes

Glad to find someone else to partner with and blame @mfadio
He still hasn’t accepted my friend request 🥲

6 Likes

Yes indeed!

Yes please. :+1:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, this showed up today too!
Not a bad Monday!

26 Likes