What's in the box!

I know the Diana v2 doesn’t always get the love it deserves but for me it is sublime.
Enjoy!

2 Likes

Big fan of Naim. I owned the original NAIT back in the late 80s! Bulletproof, and incredible sounding.

3 Likes

Thanks headphones.com team! Fast shipping as always :ok_hand:

18 Likes

Wow, congratulations, that’s got to be one of the most beautiful, elegant designs I’ve ever seen! Such a cool looking amp. :+1:

2 Likes

Actually forgot to post this too. Had this for awhile but only now just plugged it into the system. Box wasn’t picture worthy lol…

15 Likes

Done: Bottlehead Crack OTL AMP (Kit/DIY) - Official Thread - #376 by ericrosenfield

1 Like

May the battle of large power boxes begin!

On first listen, there is definitely a difference, and there is definitely no run away winner. I’m going to let the Niagara burn in a bit and play with some cable configurations and report back in the appropriate thread.

17 Likes

Nice, what power cord do you got going into the Niagara and P3?

If you end up liking the Niagara, pony up for the 5000, it’s basically as good as the 7000 in most applications and the best ‘value’ in their lineup, if that’s even a thing lol.

2 Likes

Forgot to post this over the weekend. The Sennheiser packaging has really gone down hill, but oh that sweet sweet timbre of a 600 series Senny!

My 650s are now my brothers. He’s quite happy.

19 Likes

The Niagara sounds best with an AQ Tornado going from wall to Niagara. The PowerPlant sounds (by far) the best with a Common Ground Whisper going from wall to PowerPlant.

I was pretty much told this exact thing, but about the 3000. I have to stop somewhere… :weary:

2 Likes

There are exactly three headphones in my collection, of which for various reasons I already have the second or third since the respective models were launched.

The DT 800 with 600 ohms, the Koss KSC75 with headband mod, and of course the HD600 with various tube amplifiers.

All milestones of the respective era and still excellent-sounding headphones until today.

4 Likes

Thanks @Rhodey for the pair of linlai elite 2a3’s for an affordable price. Will be interesting to see how these compare to the acmes. Visually they are almost identical looking aside from how the inside plate interacts with the glass. The linlai doesn’t touch the glass at all and has four extra metal rods and metal circular base to make it more sturdy where the acmes don’t have them and rather the top part has an extra long mica support that touches the glass instead. Everything else looks very similar. The getters are attached different but are in the same place. Just on looks it seems the linlai would be more of a rugged build. Very interesting and look forward to analyzing the sound for fun.

14 Likes

From the other end of the spectrum (beauty and $$):

Paper bag ordering me around

Box in bag

Metal box in cardboard box

Ready to go to work. Currently the D10s is doing D-D duty to feed my old Theta DAC.

16 Likes

I just got one of those a week ago. My pictures didn’t turn out so good, but I’m happy with it on my Heritic & Deva combo.

Mark Gosdin

Got me a brandy new Modi Multibit 2 last week from Schiit. All it needed was a dance partner

Then this lovely lady showed up today!

Press Here!

Nitsch Magni Piety BNIB!

22 Likes

One of my favorite threads on the internet! Keep them coming!!

5 Likes

Nice! That should make a really nice combo.

I have 1/2 of that stack, Piety. But it’s hooked up to MMB’s big, BIG brother, Yggy!

Enjoy, let us know what you think of the combo.

1 Like

Hope this works :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

I haven’t listened to the DAC portion of it yet, but one of the reasons I got this (over a cheaper DDC from Douk) was that, in addition to the ESS DAC and better aesthetics, the LME49720 opamp in this is socketed, so it can easily be replaced with a Burson or Sparkos, providing (potentially) a cheap upgrade.

1 Like

Precisely. That was one of my reasons for choosing the D10S. That and it has a display which none of my other DACs have. :grinning:

Mark Gosdin

1 Like