What's in the box!

Thanks for the insight, come on @BondDaBoom spill the beans. Others may be curious and context may help on purchasing decisions.

2 Likes

A mere 22 days from order to delivery. :grinning:

39 Likes

How? Huh? What? 15 days??!!??!? My Aeolus has been in sanding/finishing alone, for longer! Lucky - and it’s beautiful!

2 Likes

My very first “Schiitment” has arrived :grin:

Can’t wait to hook it up. Replacing my first dac, the su-8

28 Likes

Oops, 21 days actually. 3 weeks, not 2. I’m as surprised as you are. My guess is someone’s Ltd VO was ready to ship when they canceled their order and I was the next Ltd VO on the list? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I repeat all exclamations! Great for you.

1 Like

Congrats. Let us know if you can hear the difference.

1 Like

Doesn’t get much better than a box of new ZMFs! Ironwood?

1 Like

Enjoy ! , it sure plays well above its price point

1 Like

Yeah, desert ironwood. I wasn’t really intending to pick up another headphone this year, but I fell head over heels for the desert ironwood and just had to grab it before it got away. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

No longer in the box which looked like a giant suitcase

30 Likes

Wow, gorgeous! Congrats. Is that the Bigger Ben?

1 Like

It is. Picked it up second hand from someone local. One of the first made from the Bigger Ben’s.

2 Likes

Very nice! What amp(s) are you using with it?

When I got my BF2 it replaced an old Modi 2 Uber, and it was truly a “holy sh**” moment! And that was with an Asgard 2. I’m now rockin’ it with a Lyr 3, a really enjoyable combo.

2 Likes

Not very “audiophile”, but I’m enjoying them (I had owned these before and they were cheap, so it’s a win).

13 Likes

The Solitaire P is in first place with 1266 and Perun Rock. The second goes to Empyrean. The 3 way tie is going to stay. I’ve had two pairs of Solitaire and 1266 and sold the extras.

1 Like

Congratulations @chrisnyc75 those are simply stunning headphones.

2 Likes

The RH-5 is a two Tube Mu-Follower Design, with 2 12AU7’s for the gain stage, so you get all that tube flavor, with Mosfets on the outputs. Tube flavor with Solid state like power and accuracy, what’s not to love?

3 Likes

Congrats and enjoy. Wonderful piece of equipment.

Wow! Congrats. I wait for your impressions. I think it will be my first not battery powered decent DAC in a short time. Enjoy it.

1 Like