What's in the box!

Did you buy two and sold the others, or were you sent an extra pair due to some sort of failure (repair/replacement purpose)?

Thanks. Running it to the Violectric V280, Monolith 887 & XDuuo TA-20. Will take me some time to take in the differences… haven’t had much listening time yet. Though I’m currently checking out this

…on Bifrost2>Violectric >Senn 6xx, running balanced, and it sounds fantastic!! I forget about these headphones and don’t use them often. Best they’ve sounded to me for sure. I may have to reconnect the SU-8 so I can A-B to fully hear and describe the differences because otherwise I suck at it.

4 Likes

Heck yeah man! I listen to the song at least once a day, and always when I am testing out new gear. The entire album is really good, and I bet that sounds great with your setup.

3 Likes

Those came with my LG V30 phone years ago, and I used them exclusively for years until I discovered that modern IEMs have come so far. Still, these are not bad at all and certainly great value. Probably the best mainstream consumer earbuds I ever heard.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m content with these until I decide on something “much better”, whatever that may be. :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks BonDaBoom, I was asking about the previous T&A planar headphones you had tried.

Always good to know what folks have has their top 3 headphones, shows the diversity of our setups and the audio attributes we enjoy.

1 Like

@Audiophool - checking out Black Light Syndrom - Duende right now - great track!

3 Likes

It would be interesting to compare a RH-5 with an ECP T4. I wonder if anybody has?

1 Like

Small outside, BIG sound :slight_smile: trying to replace big over-ears with a smaller package…

19 Likes

I have always wondered this myself and imagine they are definitely in the same league. I always wanted a T4, but they quit making them by the time I had the money to afford one. I will say, now that I have my RH-5, I don’t have a want for the T4. The RH-5 is so good, I can’t imagine it sounding any better. The Rh-5 is a beast of an amp, and has some serious drive and power, and some amazing features as well. All in all, it is very much a TOTL hybrid, and uses some of my favorite tubes (12au7’s).

I just saw this on YouTube, from Abyss Headphones. One of the sons has quite the amp collection, Cavalli Liquid Gold and Fire, Formula S, and the amp on the bottom in the thumbnail pic is the Rogue RH-5. As an owner of Abyss, he has heard all the high end amps, and I am sure that guy has access to pretty much any amp he wants, and he owns and uses the Rogue RH-5, along side some more well known heavy hitters. The Rh-5 is a serious amp.

Rogue RH-5 is on the bottom.

7 Likes

What’s in the Red Bag !

Hart balanced cables for my HD650 so far nicely made, solid ends, secure connections. Very compatible with my Bryston BHA-1.

17 Likes

There’s also a Liquid Spark in that thumbnail, though I’m not sure it could power the Abyss properly.

Also, Douglas (YouTuber that goes by the name of dms) produces the promotional videos for Abyss, so those may not be actual amps that he owns. I haven’t watched the video yet, but it would be interesting to watch.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Those are amps the Abyss guy owns not Douglas, and he says so in the video (that’s why I mentioned it in my prior post), and yep there is a liquid spark in there too. I don’t care about Abyss or their headphones, as I am a ZMF guy. The video was for reference, from someone who has access and has heard TOTL gear, that’s all.

1 Like

I haven’t watched the video yet. I’m actually working my way backwards (they’re interesting videos).

This recent video was interesting. The owner and the other son picked the WA33 as their favorite.

It’s all preference anyhow.

3 Likes

It’s very cool he has been improving his manufacturing process over time. Watched an interview with him on YT last year and I was sold after that.

I still have the reddish ones for the HD 6 series.

Congrats on the purchase.

2 Likes

I got 4 Psvane EL 34 matching tubes and 2 x 12AU7 & 12AX7 tubes for my Cayin CS-55A amp. I have been looking for an upgrade for some time and wondered if Psvane are as good as described.

And the last few days my IEM cable orders all were delivered: 1 super cool 2 pin cable with 4.4 termination form Satin Audio and a bag of cable straps and some AliExp cables of various quality.

Edit: right out of the box, the tubes have immediately one advantage over the stock tubes: there is not a scratchy noise when I turn the volume up as with the stock tubes; perhaps the more clarity in sound also comes from this.

27 Likes

Huh…nice cable straps. What a brilliant f-ing idea. Didn’t know there was such a thing as nice ones like that. I’ll definitely have to get some.

4 Likes

I’ve liked a lot of PSVane tubes, the only ones I disliked were the 12AU7/12AX7’s I ordered (for the pendant), so I’m interested in what you think in a different application.
If you haven’t used PSVane tubes before, all the variants I’ve tried take forever (100+ hours) to burn in and pick a sound.

1 Like

All tubes were changed at once, so for now it is hard to say exactly were the change is comming from, but there is already a significant change:
The background is very quiet, the details are more clear, the bass is more tight and the overall range of sound seems stretched. It is not enough saying that the soundstage is wider, it is also higher, more full and the various notes are more different in sound. And they have been playing for 2 hrs…

I was worried the upgrade wouldn’t be clear enough, but it is a way better amp I got now, so definately worth the upgrade.

I got them from Tube Amp Doctor and the EL34 had a review, where they had used my Cayin amp as testbench and with a solid recomendation, so I had to try them.
The 12AU7 & 12AX7 I have to get back about; when I have used this set-up for some time I will try and switch those back and leave the EL34 and then try and hear if there is a difference.

2 Likes

Been waiting and waiting finally Holo May KTE came plus Pendant. My WA33EE is getting shipped back from repair so Wednesday I’ll see how it sounds on the May.

27 Likes